Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: bangtan_rulez-2jin

[A/N]: Please let me know if this is good (I'm not sure if it's quite up to my normal standard)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With sore muscles, but a heart brimming with glee, you trudged through that now-foreboding door, attempting to maintain a deathly silence. If the hot-headed hedgehog, who had long since captured your fancy, was slumbering away in the security of your shared bed, waking him would bestow upon you an unimaginable guilt. After all, he too was a UA alumni, and his fierce conviction - the raging fire within his soul, that simply refused to be quenched - essentially caused him to become overly-fixated on his work. He always rushed on to every scene, propelled perhaps by sheer force of anger alone. Nobody was ever subject to injury on his watch. And, despite his inability to crack a genuine smile while out on the field of battle, it was evident that he truly cared for those he rescued.

He always exuded that 'Plus Ultra' mentality, even in regards to something as mundane as household chores. Also, there wasn't a single day he allowed to pass without you tasting his cooking. It was incredibly sweet, but it didn't provide many opportunities for you to repay him. Just once, you wished to treat him as royalty - exactly the sort of comfort and devotion deserved. So, even before removing your hero costume, you crept towards the kitchen. Neither scent nor sound permeated the silence. The coast was clear.

...Or so you had assumed.

A figure moved suddenly, eclipsing your view of the kitchen. Embarrassed at having been entangled in his crimson eyes, this soon into the game, you rubbed your neck.

"Dumbass." His tone was soft, sleepy. "I heard the door. If you're gonna try to be sneaky, you'll have to do a better job."

Pouting, you mumbled a little "Sorry."

The affection radiating off his body was enticing, and soon, you found yourself being lured into his warm embrace.

"Welcome home." He breathed, attempting to veil his relief with a few, adorable yawns.

Your responsive humming vibrated against his chest. Each tiny sound that parted your lips was saccharine, making his heart swell with both love and pride. The latter manifested because you were simply a bewitching woman - one whom he had spent the majority of his UA days endeavouring to romance. Now...now, you were finally greeting him in the morning, with a sing-song voice and tender kisses, which you never failed to pepper over every inch of his face. He believed, whole-heartedly, that until courting you, he had been incomplete. Gratitude was perchance one of his more powerful emotions, for, through thick and thin, your loyalty and love had never wavered. This gratitude was so very genuine...a waterfall could have spilled from his eyes, at any given moment.

But of course, that information would forever remain in his mind, lest he humiliate himself in front of his goddess.

After a minute, your nose started to twitch. "Katsuki...did you stay up to make me dinner?"

Again...?

"Yeah, what of it?" His defensive words sent pleasant shivers fluttering down your spine.

"Nothing, it's just..." You trailed off, unsure of how to explain your botched plan. "...I wanted to make you something, for once. You do so much for me, and you deserve to be pampered every once in a while..."

The usually-aggressive man cradled you closer, leaning down to peck your forehead, lovingly. "If you really want to pay me back, eat your food. After that, we can stay up for a bit, cause right now, I just wanna hold you."

[Word Count: 579]