☃ Momo Yaoyorozu ☃

Listening to the rhythmic heartbeat of the woman beside you, and inhaling the scent of freshly-baked biscuits, which complimented her homely warmth, you reminisced about time (as the grandfather clock stole the minutes away)..about her. Your initial meeting had been a complete accident, yet neither party could, at present, bear to admit that. Fate had ensnared two lonely hearts, coaxing them posthaste into a love-laden snow-globe, now securely embedded within the prickly firs of the Christmas tree. That fragrance of genuine pine signalled the beginnings of a wonderful month; you had insisted on it, and Momo complied without hesitation. The biscuits, lying just between you and the crackling fire, wafted cinnamon and gingerbread into the air. The former reminded of your unadulterated adoration for Momo, as you associated her with everything heavenly and innocent, just like a cinnamon roll. The latter served a plate of mixed emotions - on one hand, it re-surfaced the nagging doubts that she might prefer Class B's capable ginger, but on the other, her voice, an angelic choir, sliced through them.

The lullaby of love unveiled itself to your ears further, with each passing day.

In the hearth, the flames intertwined, dancing together in a passionate tango. As Momo nestled herself deeper into your embrace, your mind flickered back to the very first exchange of twirls and swaying hips. I-Island had provided the perfect setting for a sensual dance - whispered, often unspoken words tumbled from your lips, the creeping crimson hue thankfully shielded by the dim lights. The moment your hand caressed her waist, it was as if a volcano had erupted. All of your features allowed a delicate red pain to ghost across them, and the undeniable truth of love flourished in your mind.

If divine entities truly existed, then one was sighing contently in your arms.

The aroma of wood-smoke filled your nostrils, combining with your peppermint tea, to create a bubble of harmony around you. Promises of protection, relaxation and calm were breathed into your ears. The tea had, of course, been suggested by Momo; her taste-buds had been tickled with rich and exotic teas many times over, and yet on this frigid, winter night, holed up in a spacious but cosy log cabin, she chose a simple tea. Simple, yet delightful. Honestly, the very idea that she would have agreed to spend a week away, with you, still seemed absurd. And...here you were, wrapped up as one, under a thick blanket. As your weary eyes struggled not to flutter shut, you wondered if you were the Adam to your sweetheart's Eve.

Momo cuddled up so snugly, so securely in your embrace. Surely, the scarlet thread of fate must have created a bridge between your fingers, for those thundering hearts to wander. If this woman wasn't your soulmate...your Earth would shatter.

For you, she transcended the very concepts of beauty and perfection. She was your everything, and more still - the tinsel winding around your heart and soul, the bells singing melodies of comfort and joy to your ears, the bow tying together all of those tender emotions. She shifted slightly, grabbing an orange from a small, wicker basket. You watched as she punctured it with cloves, sending a tangy, Christmassy scent spiralling into the atmosphere. She repeated this several more times, her gentle hands almost fearful of harming the fruit. Prior to meeting her, you couldn't have ever pictured such domestic life, or the bliss you received just by observing her most insignificant actions.

You definitely hadn't been prepared to purchase each new book littering the table. Tiny voices had lulled you into different sections of the bookshop, where you managed to find Momo's most desired reads. You knew exactly what to buy, but there were oh so many! Your heart was heavy, but your purse was heavier. The image of Momo's blinding smile, her wide, watery eyes and the expression of genuine joy, tempted you towards the queue. She had unwrapped them early, on your request, and the illumination of her features was worth every penny. They were placed beside the tree and bell-shaped biscuits, Momo's mug of peppermint tea, and the basket of spiced oranges, to compliment these other Christmas scents.

Leaning backwards, allowing Momo's body to fall gracefully in tune, you settled your arms on her waist. With this, you savoured the rise-and-fall, which softly rocked you to sleep.

[Word Count: 732]