Touya Todoroki ღ Dabi

Requested by: Yuri_PlisetskyXD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His fractured, starless life had one beacon of hope and solace - one thing that he longed to return to every night; one thing that fuelled the raging fire within him. You, a quirkless woman, gorgeous in appearance as well as soul, illuminated the labyrinthine void in which he had become lost. His dull world turned on its head. You loved him for all his little habits, all his sweet, genuine words, and all his imperfections. You had remained blissfully unaware of his chequered past, and although he wished to be more open with you, he refused to reveal who he really was. You didn't watch a lot of television, instead electing to read at every given opportunity. He memorised the titles of your favourite books, and the names of your favourite authors, so he knew exactly what to get for you come special occasions.

He knew which movies and fandoms fascinated you, and the names of all your co-workers (you know, just in case). Your perfect visage was scorched into his brain, embezzled with sparkles and flowery symbolism. If he ever cried, it was because of you, and just how emotional you were able to make him. Regret was swirling around his system, lurking in the darkest crevices imaginable. He wanted to remove himself from the veil he was tangled up in, but something compelled him to stay. The League of Villains had no knowledge of you, obviously, since Dabi didn't feel like being blackmailed, and he certainly didn't want you harmed because of a few stupid mistakes on his part.

What he didn't know, however, was that a small bundle of flesh and nerves was swimming in the confides of your womb. You were with child - his child - and absolutely elated. Your hairs stood on edge, while you paced around the compact apartment you shared with your long-time lover, Touya. Telling him would be no easy task - you revelled in apprehension. You weren't completely certain what your child's surname would be, considering Touya had never actually graced you with his. Regardless, you adored him, and doted on him whenever possible (you were exceptional at massages). Being without a superpower, yet more than content, you led quite a normal, average life. You attended university, pursuing a subject with which you were spellbound. Your life now was far better than that of your childhood, mostly because you now had Touya to love and comfort. There wasn't much room to dwell on the past, and you weren't particularly bothered about hounding your boyfriend for answers, and possibly pushing him away in the process.

He must have been a compulsive liar towards those whom he regarded as pawns or simply insignificant, but he never managed to fool you. This fact always made him smile; he was very proud of you. However, it was impossible to see through that which he hadn't even mentioned. His surname was a complete mystery to you, and he hadn't bothered to provide your intelligent head with a false one. Another piece of the shattered jigsaw was his background - you had never met his parents, and you were forever unaware of his siblings. He always seemed really touchy-feely about this topic. You also had no idea of his affiliation with the villains, despite his mugshot being plastered all over the news and billboards around town. Somehow, you bypassed every single one of the posters and brightly-coloured images on blinding, high-quality screens in shop windows. For this, he was extremely glad, and counted himself lucky.

If only the entire Earth was a figment of his twisted imagination, then perhaps Dabi could mould it into something new - a utopia in which the two of you were free to live and be happy, maybe even raise a few children. He wondered what it would be like to have mini pyromaniacs running around the place. Or arsonists. Whichever worked. In a heartbeat, though, he would revoke any association with the League, whisk you away and settle down with a cup of coffee. He would never permit you to comprehend his true nature, or all the unhelpful thought that wormed their way into his brain. He would keep you safe. His intentions were nothing but pure, but he was definitely willing to use the necessary force if you voiced the urge to abdicate the relationship.

You were a rare soul of amaranthine loveliness, blended with determination to excel and the perfect amount of maternal interest. It was as if he had struck the single, golden chord on a harp, and lured you out of hiding. You weren't exactly dependent on him, but you didn't deal well without him, either. The two of you would have been inseparable, if only you went out together in public. The villains never pressed for his biggest secret - the scars, and so they didn't realise that it was just a disguise. They were removable, and you had never seen him with them. He was a little embarrassed of them, in all honesty, and didn't wish for you to show disgust. They made him seem abused and broken. It was the optimal way to hide his true identity from his father, and therefore the general populace.

One day, however, everything changed for the worse.

Usually, Dabi was more cautious when returning home, so as not to put you in danger. This time, he was too excited, although that didn't show on his face. He could just feel that something good was about to happen. He didn't quite know what, but he felt that unfamiliar surge of excitement. This impeded his normal alertness, however. He failed to notice the heroes tailing him. He reached the apartment, walked up the stairs and into your awaiting arms. You almost cried with happiness. Finally, he was back, and you could tell him the wonderful news!

That was when the heroes chose to appear. Having utilised Edgeshot's quirk to evade the door, three of them soon stood in the hallway. Immediately, Dabi pushed you backwards, sensing that someone was about to use their ability. He was right. Your legs were shaking, and you wanted to fall to the ground, but you stayed strong. Your beautiful (e/c) eyes had widened, and you watched, transfixed, as your lover remained motionless. He met your eyes, and that was when you understood - he wouldn't use his quirk while you were in the vicinity. He refused, simply to keep you safe. You sobbed. What had he done to deserve such cruel treatment? All the man-handling seemed draconian and unnecessary. Suddenly, you felt a kick in your stomach. Whimpering, but trying not to further alarm your boyfriend, you covered your mouth with one hand.

The heroes apologised for the disturbance, and were about to leave, when you cried, "Wait! I need to tell him something! It's really important! I swear it won't take a second!"

Alas, they would not let you. Without a proper interrogation, they went off the assumption that the man you now knew as Dabi had drugged and kidnapped you for his own personal enjoyment, and you may have developed Stockholm Syndrome somewhere down the line. You tried as hard as possible to clear the air, but they weren't having any of it. They kept muttering things like "Poor thing" and "She must have had one hell of a time" behind your back. You cried and cried, for hours on end. You refused to eat or sleep. You wanted nothing more than to be back in your small apartment with your lover, Touya. The heroes had exposed you to the news reports on the villains, specifically the Vanguard Action Squad, of which Touya was the central focus. Through this, they hoped that your 'programming' would be reversed, but instead, you cried out for him every single day, pleading with police and heroes alike for his release.

When his unscarred visage was released into the calloused hands of the media, they instantly made the connection to the current number one hero, Enji Todoroki, and vehemently stated that Dabi must be his eldest son, Touya Todoroki. You supposed it made sense, but you honestly just wanted him back. You didn't care about his past, and you vowed not to question him. He could tell you in his own time, when he felt comfortable.

No more than a few months could have passed, but you were a dishevelled rag of hair and junk food. Wrappers and the like were scattered around your apartment, as you had taken to the complete opposite side of the spectrum - you had gone from eating nothing at all to eating anything and everything to fill the hole in your heart.

"Touya...Touya..." You bawled. "Just come back to me....p-please. You d-don't have to tell me anything...! I just want y-you back..."

You cuddled with his favourite pillow.

When you heard his voice, you thought you were hallucinating.

"Well, I'm back, and I'll tell you anything you want to know." The pleasant sound reverberated in your ears, causing you to look with a jolt.

Sure enough, he was home.

Touya Todoroki had returned to you, and this time, you would not let him leave again. Not when you were pregnant with his child. 

[Word Count: 1536]