Touya Todoroki ღ Dabi

Light manga spoilers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that time, you hadn't recognised the man you so timidly pushed aside. Whipping your head around in a rather hurried fashion, (h/c) tresses sparkling incandescently in your wake, as if absorbing all the room's light, you spared but a single, fleeting glance at him. However, that one, mere moment was more than enough to accelerate his heartbeat, and cause an unusually-comfortable heat to rise within his chest. He felt as though his veins were searing lava, already beginning to char and scar his fragile tissue. The smoke, probably now billowing with a devilish ferocity and malign intent, was likely to barricade, or perhaps even outright destroy every last one of his blood cells.

You appeared to carry yourself with the divine grace of an angel or goddess, but whatever spell you had cast upon him was certainly wicked - if he allowed his guard to lower any further, he would surely drown in your black magic.

"Oh, (Y/n)?" Re-Destro questioned, having followed both the patchwork zombie's gaze and outstretched hand. "She is my niece. Yes, I can see why you're so interested in her. Shall I tell you a thing or two, some personal information?"

Dabi groaned quietly, torn between not wishing to entertain this obnoxious man's ramblings, and desiring to uncover as much as humanly possible about you, without charging straight over. For, you were the sun, blinding and radiant, while he was the moon, cool and distant. The elegant way in which you danced, coupled with such a heavenly melody that trickled from your lips, culminating in a celestial symphony, was driving his ebony heart utterly crazy. Still, there was a need to uphold his reputation, so he couldn't just spurt out all the emotions you elicited within him. Also, if the man at his side was to be believed, then surely, once he became acquainted with you, he would be shown just how gruesome your character truly was. With this, he endeavoured to ensure himself, that nothing positive could be formed from such a union. His immense loathing would decimate any prior romantic feelings - it had to.

Restraining the enthusiasm in his voice, he responded, "Shoot."

It took a second to comprehend that word, but before long, Re-Destro was chattering away about you, having a very one-sided discussion. In the vast archive of his mind, it seemed that everything relating to your majestic self was stored, locked away until the seal was broken. And finally broken, it now fell. According to the wheelchair-bound man, you possessed an extraordinarily shy disposition, although you adored children, and often offered to sing for the younger members of the Liberation Army. Due to this, your popularity blossomed, and you started receiving attention from many men.

Playing back the scene in his head, Dabi eventually understood why you had simply ghosted past, without even a word of apology - someone had been tailing you. In his mind's eye, he glared daggers at the figure, hoping that he could stage some unfortunate accident. In addition to this, came the knowledge that you weren't exactly...keen, on the newfound team-up with the League of Villains. Dabi's heart, much to his complete dismay and confusion, dropped, proceeding to stop briefly, and then resume beating, at less than half its normal speed. That once warm, fuzzy sensation, buzzing around his entire being faded, decaying until it was nothing more than an ashen mess.

"Such an innocent, young girl." Re-Destro muttered, causing his companion's eyes to flicker in mild irritation. "Since she joined the Liberation Army, she has avoided all romantic interests. She remains chaste, to this very day."

There was a not-so-unintentionally suggestive tone to his voice, almost as though he was goading Dabi, coaxing him to step up and provide a night that would forever haunt you. The echoing of an enchanting harmony, lured his mistrustful eyes away, to a spellbinding, midnight forest clearing.

"Oh, I hear...

Hear the echo of your drums,

It's in your hands, let the rain dance!"

[Word Count: 666]