Kurogiri - Lemon

Requested by: ViolinQueenTwo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is not the world we had in mind ~"

Ringing out across the tables and chairs of your most-frequented venue, a British-inspired bar in a rough part of town, your voice was pollen, and your patrons the bees. An emerald flash illuminated the room when your eyes were visible. Unfurling from atop your head was hair of the curliest, blackest silk, dipped in cotton candy and thrown on an electric fence. It was a lovely compliment to your chocolate-coloured skin. At least, that's what your newest admirer thought. The part-time bartender sat amongst your crowd, yellow slits piercing your soul.

"The skyline reminds me of a different time ~"

Even villains attested to needing entertainment, and their criminal activities didn't always provide this. Not enough of it, anyway. The mild-mannered mystery man followed your trail to a variety of bars, clubs and smaller locales. He never once missed a performance; your vivid green eyes, brimming with naivety, captivated him from day one. That initial, accidental stumble into a bar, caused by a rather foul-tempered fellow, led him straight to you. For this, he was eternally grateful. He even considered delivering a gift to the man's address, which of course, his informants could find. He wasn't certain of your stance on the super-powered society, and being a gentleman, he didn't necessarily want to pry into your private life, without your informed consent. He walked a fine line between desiring the most intimate information, and respecting your privacy. He dared to tread it, careful of stepping on the cracks - that was a bad omen somewhere in the world.

"I can feel your longing heart...Call my name, howlin' from afar..."

A choir of the purest angels serenaded the room, turning pain and misery into joy and hope. Your voice was truly a gift from above. Kurogiri's attention refused to wander, and as the song closed, another beam of jade pulsed through his veins. The final note to touch your lips was aimed at him and him alone. He was definitely reading too much into things, but the implications of that look, and those words, elicited a hot flush. Of course, you couldn't tell, seeing as he had no discernible face. Purple and black wisps travelled upwards like flames. Upon your first introduction to this classy, yet dark individual, you very nearly had a panic attack; with all the smoke, you naturally assumed that there was a fire. You were deadly afraid of fire, and you had been ever since your father died at the hands of a rowdy civilian with an over-the-top fire quirk. From then onward, your mother and sister vowed never to let a fire consume you the way it had done your father. You were still a little girl then, after all, and didn't fully understand what had so fractured your normal family life.

Someone on your left handed you a bottle. Taking it gratefully, you waved and sauntered off to the back of the room. That man had been closely examining your every move since he entered the building, and he seemed interesting. As you searched for an empty table, you wondered if he would appear suddenly to whisk you away. You laughed at the thought, but low and behold, almost immediately after arriving at a vacant table, the man stepped into your line of sight. He stood there, motionless. Smiling, you gestured for him to sit down. The invitation was apparently what he had been waiting for, because he then took a seat opposite you. In his hand, he swirled a bottle - he was on the same stuff as you, then. You leaned forwards slightly, retaining your pleasant expression.

"What can I do for you, stranger?" You asked, looking straight into those golden slashes - they looked like tears in the fabric of space-time. "I've noticed you at a lot of my gigs. You like me, don't you?"

The man appeared taken aback by this rather direct question. "Well - yes...I just wanted to share a drink, and perhaps get to know you a little better."