Tamaki Amajiki

(Y/n) -

I love your cute smile.

I love your amazing laugh.

I love your silly jokes.

I love the way you make me feel - all warm and tingly inside.

I love that we have similar interests.

I love looking through your pictures.

I love smiling to myself when I think about you.

I love how enthusiastic I am to talk about you.

I love how dedicated I am to you.

I love the idea that we could be something more.

I love you, inside and out.

Tamaki's pale, pointy ears twitched nervously. The note he had written (after around seven failed drafts), conveyed almost all his feelings, but it still couldn't quite capture the real essence of his love. You seemed way out of his league - unbelievably pretty, sweet and kind, popular with students and staff alike. He always felt dejected, never hopeful, but his best friend (the exasperatingly energetic Mirio Togata) finally managed to convince the timid elf to let his emotions bleed on to paper. Tamaki wasn't about to let you find it, however, relinquishing any chance he might have had with you. Opening and closing his butterfly-embellished A5 notebook, an expression of utter embarrassment plastered on to his features, he made a point to sigh loudly. Thankfully, this didn't attract any unwanted attention, since he was currently alone in the classroom. Not even Mirio was eating with him today, which he thought odd, but perhaps the outgoing, bubbly boy had ultimately admitted defeat - Tamaki was surely a lost cause.

His Sasuke-esque indigo locks ghosted the notebook as he lowered his head, bashing it lightly on the table. How stupid could he be? Why would he even bother writing out something so humiliating? What if you did get hold of it? You might make fun of his feelings, although this stabbing sensation in his gut told him otherwise.

"But," He started, voice trembling like white noise. "T-This is my first love...if she rejects me, that will confirm I'm worthless, right? Not worthy of being a hero - not even a human being. I might as well be a potato, but I probably wouldn't be a good potato; I'd be the kind of deformed potato that gets thrown away before it can be sold. A worthless potato..."

Someone laughed a monstrous laugh, startling Tamaki out of his seat.

"You really like potatoes, huh Tamaki?"

"M-Mirio..."

Tamaki placed a hand over his clothed chest, feeling the vicious vibrations of his heart, pounding against his rib-cage in an effort to be released. Where would it run to, he wondered. The answer was blindingly obvious, yet he chose not to believe it. Surely you wouldn't accept the invitation into his deepest, darkest parts, where the monsters burrowed and the beastly thoughts dwelled...Who was he kidding? There was nothing cool or mysterious, extraordinary or interesting about him. That would likely be the reason for your distance. Tamaki's head hung low as he processed this, a frigid air seeming to hang around him alone. Other than the righteous blonde who stood before him, Tamaki was always alone. He always had been, and figured that he always would. Some things were simply destined never to change; they remained the same regardless of time or events. If the two of you weren't meant to be together, the universe would soon tell him definitively.

That smiling mass of muscle noticed his friend's dismay rather quickly. 

"Let me guess - is it (Y/n)?"

Hoping that a hole in the ground would suddenly appear to swallow him up, Tamaki only nodded. He was afraid that the more he spoke of his love, the more his voice would break. It was a secluded classroom for now, sure, but the door was slightly ajar, and anyone could walk past. This image alone made him quiver on the spot.

"Haha! Why are you on the ground, Tamaki? I'm sure if you just tell her, everything will go your way!" Mirio beamed, although he didn't manage to instil much confidence in the indigo-haired boy.

Tamaki shielded his eyes. "Too bright..." He mumbled, but Mirio seemed not to hear him.

Instead, he resumed his monologue: "(Y/n) is really nice, so she'd never let you down! D'you remember that time she stayed after school with you to help tidy up, even though it wasn't her turn? Or what about when that guy tried to play a prank on you in our second year, and she stopped him? She was so badass, and I'm sure she likes you back! Why wouldn't she?"

"Because..." Tamaki stammered, almost incoherently. "I'm nothing compared to her. She's so amazing, and I'm...just me."

"Maybe she likes 'just you'!" The blonde pressed, desperate for his friend not to fall deeper into despair.

Tamaki shook his head, signalling his complete denial - it was too convenient to ever come true.

Soon, the bell echoed across UA, and students rushed in for their next class. Tamaki took his place once again, that always-present, gloomy aura repelling everyone. Almost everyone. Your seat was directly next to his, and he had yet to realise, but you were slowly moving your desk closer to his. Midnight made her entrance, and the lesson began. You spared a few glances to the side, gauging Tamaki's current mood. Mirio was seated a couple of desks away, but he made a sort of bird-call-like gesture to you. Midnight didn't notice, but some of your classmates sniggered. Mirio pointed to Tamaki. His notebook had been haphazardly tucked away under a pile of books and stationary, but you could see a beautiful blue butterfly - an Adonis Blue, and a male at that. A smile enveloped your face, as you wondered what secrets were buried within the pages.

Glancing back towards Mirio, you saw him nod. Not two seconds later, he stood up to brag about a presentation he had done for homework. It was bound to be awful, but you appreciated the signal; it was a distraction, to ensure that you could swipe the notebook without getting caught. It worked, and soon enough, it was splayed out on your desk, a range of colourful butterflies appearing to stare up at you. Tamaki still hadn't acknowledged the theft, so you decided to read. This was okay...right? After all, if it was something Mirio wanted you to examine, then it must be important, and it definitely involved you. Mirio wasn't the type to be cruel to his friends. You turned the cover, and started to flick through. You frowned - what was going on? Gazing towards the boisterous blonde, you shot him a quizzical look. While everyone was concentrating on Midnight, he mouthed a singular word: poem.

You tried again, and this time, you found exactly what you were looking for.

(Y/n) -

I love your cute smile.

I love your amazing laugh.

I love your silly jokes.

I love the way you make me feel - all warm and tingly inside.

I love that we have similar interests.

I love looking through your pictures.

I love smiling to myself when I think about you.

I love how enthusiastic I am to talk about you.

I love how dedicated I am to you.

I love the idea that we could be something more.

I love you, inside and out.

Tears were welling in your eyes, but you refused to wet the page. This was such a heartfelt confession. You dried your eyes, determined to write a tribute to love more eloquent than Tamaki's. However, your mission was a disaster. Words abandoned you and there was only one thought swirling around in the vast potion of your mind. So, taking a deep breath, you inked it on to the paper, watching your simple phrase manifest with pride.

Tamaki, I love you more than you will ever know.

[Word Count: 1306]