Epilogue(s)

"To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid."

Anon

Disclaimer: I. Do. Not. Own. Naruto.

Warning: I wrapped up what I could. Bonus chapters here on out will be Boruto generation based on the most popular ending.

Beta:

( 。◕‿‿  ◕。)

On the outskirts of Konoha was an orchard lined up with several different types of trees. It took over what was once known as the Senju compounds, as well as several other smaller districts that were ruthlessly bought out several years ago by a red-and-green-eyed man. Inside the orchard were apple trees, peach trees, cherry trees, orange trees, tea trees, pines, and patches of strawberry bushes, and rhubarb. At the front of the orchard sat a tea shop heavily decorated in cutesy artwork, flowers, and pastel colors. There were plenty of tables seated out front that was filled with merrily chatting family members.

Stepping inside the tea shop one would first be greeted by an ethereally handsome man. He was the maître d', a man by the name of Itachi. He had been working at the teashop since its very beginning. He was one of the first to arrive and the last to leave every day.

There were some rumors that he had been tricked into the job at first, but nowadays it was plain to see the man enjoyed the gentle atmosphere of the shop and the heavenly sweets it held inside.

One of the other constants about the teashop was the head chef who had been personally trained by the owner. There had been a time when the chef was a feared swordsman, but the regular guests would only laugh about such a thing. He might have been a tall, blue-skinned man with shark-like teeth, but he expertly made such dainty and cute treats. How could anyone think such a renowned baker was a "feared" swordsman?

Kisame certainly did nothing to disprove it.

He hadn't meant to become Gardenia's head chef, it just... it just kind of happened.

He remembered—vaguely—Sakura enthusiastically begging him to make one teeny-tiny desert with her for her birthday. He really had nothing better to do so he agreed.

That was over ten years ago.

Gardenia had other staff members, of course, but Itachi and Kisame were the two constant members at the main location.

Like Kakuzu predicted Gardenia was a booming success. He had no trouble persuading the owner—Sakura—to expand into a catering business. From there, he bribed her (through means neither disclosed) to open up ventures in other towns and allow him to take a percentage of their revenue.

Haku had trained under Sakura for three years before opening up the second location of Gardenia in Kirigakure. Matsuri trained for two years before setting up shop in Sungakure—and frequently returning to renew her apprenticeship with Sakura. The poor girl was head over heels for the pinkette. Sakura had even somehow managed to entice Kumogakure's original secretary, Mabui, into entering an apprenticeship under Sakura before opening another shop in Kumogakure.

To the current day, there was a competition being held in Iwagakure for the valued spot of Sakura's latest baking apprentice. The winner would not only learn about Sakura's baking style but also have the "prestigious honor" of opening up a Gardenia shop in Iwagakure.

With such a booming business finding waiters and waitresses wasn't difficult. The prospect of one free meal a day was enough to capture the hearts of most staff members.