A New Home

Disclaimer: I, Darkpetal16, do not own Naruto.

Warning: Angsty beginning, happy ending.

"Some call it bitching. I call it Verbal Release Therapy."

-Anon

( ◕‿‿◕)

Kakashi's POV

Kakashi took a deep breath, feeling his heart slowly settle down as the All-Clear signal shot throughout the sky to signify that the last hostile had been defeated. It was well on into the evening and Kakashi felt a little tired. Not enough to warrant any concern; he never encountered an enemy of equal caliber to face. The only thing that provided any significant stress for him was the countless civilians and property he had to be mindful of, in addition to the sheer quantity of pests he had to deal with.

He was entirely unscathed (unsurprisingly), and despite the grim situation, he was content (as long as he ignored the nagging sense of worry he had over his students, he was at least). He felt confident that his students survived the invasion (he knew for certain that Naruto would be next to impossible to kill due to Kyūbi, he personally saw Sakura off to the medical tent, and Sasuke was too cunning to die to the low caliber of Otogakure shinobi).

Still, it would be irresponsible of him not to check in on his students.

And if it assuaged the tiny bit of concern he had towards them, well that was merely a bonus.

Naruto and Sasuke were the easiest to track down, since the ANBU team personally secured the duo as soon as they could and took them to one of the high-security hospitals that was left standing. All he had to do was pop in and the ANBU guarding the duo allowed him to see them without any fuss.

Naruto was covered in bandages, but snoring heavily and looking utterly pleased with himself. Kakashi knew he would be recovered by the next day, if that. Sasuke was a little worse for wear, as he lacked Naruto's two-fold regeneration, and concussions were tricky. A quick glance over his clipboard confirmed that the Uchiha would have to be on light-training for a month, at least.

With that being settled, Kakashi returned to the medical tent in search of his... spirited kunoichi. He was surprised that she had already been sent home, but after a split-second of realizing the time, not really.

'She's probably already asleep,' Kakashi thought as he slowly made his way towards her home. 'Her parents are civilians so they're probably a nervous wreck and clinging onto her. I'll make sure her chakra signature is there, then head home. No need to cause a scene.'

When he entered her neighborhood, a tiny seed of worry settled in the pit of his stomach. A foreboding sense entered his mind, and he unconsciously braced himself for quite a scene.

He did not expect to find Sakura hyperventilating in her destroyed home with two little black scrolls in front of her.

Kakashi was frozen the moment he saw her.

'Not good. Bad, bad, bad.'

Despite Naruto's quick temper, Sakura was the most emotional member of his team. Though never one to dwell on negative emotions (Kakashi was getting a sneaky feeling about why that was the case), she was passionate in positive things and prone to openly sharing her affection towards all those around her. Including strangers.

For fuck's sake she was prepared to argue with her sensei over the lives of two missing-nin.

She was a bleeding heart that endlessly poured out optimism.