27

Tripler Army Medical Centre
1400 hrs

"Commander McGarrett?" The Army Doctor called as he approached.

"Doctor." He said turning to look at the other man.

"I've sent Khalid through to surgery, but I don't see any problems. The chest wound hasn't nicked any arteries or hit bone so he should be fine. Hassain has a shattered collar bone which once we've removed the bullet should make a full recovery. I want to keep the pair of them for a few days once out of surgery just to make sure of no complications." He explained to the Commander.

"NCIS are on route to pick them up. They both have links to the Taliban and Al Qaeda so you'll need an armed escort for them at all times." Steve informed the Doctor.

"I won't treat them any differently, Commander. I took an oath to save lives, no matter which Country or God they serve." The Doctor warned him.

"I'd expect no different Doctor. I'm only pointing out they will be charged on terrorism charges, so all security measures can be met." He told the Doctor.

"I need to return to my patients." The Doctor informed as he turned, returning to the operating room.

Iolani Palace
Sunday 1600

Catherine was nervously pacing around the bullpen as she waited for Steve and the rest of    Five-0 to return to HQ. Steve had called Catherine's cell an hour ago to inform her they we're all on their way back from Tripler. Although he had assured her that none of them had been injured she still needed to see for herself that he was okay.

Khalid and Hassain had both come through surgery and were now under the watchful eyes of the NCIS agents from the Oahu office. NCIS would be arranging for them to be transported to the mainland for trial and incarceration in a Federal prison once the Army Doctor gave the all clear for transportation.

Hassain had been extremely vocal towards Steve. It had given answers at least as to why they had targeted Steve and herself at their home. Hassain had blamed them both for rescuing the children and stopping their sickening training camps. It seemed Hassain had wanted them both to pay with their lives.

A noise behind Catherine caused her to turn quickly, relief on her face as she saw everyone entering the bullpen. Steve's shirt was ripped along the bottom edge, blood staining the shirt and the knee of his cargo pants. She could see blood stains on everyone's clothes, but thankfully she couldn't see signs of injuries on anyone.

Steve sent a reassuring smile her way as he moved towards the smart table where she was stood. "Danny's suggested dinner at Side Street." He told her quietly.

"Sounds good." Catherine agreed as she returned his smile.

"Paperwork can wait till the morning." Steve declared as he slipped his arm around Catherine's waist and guided her towards the door. A chorus of agreement coming from the rest of the team as they all followed the two of them out of the door.

Side street
Sunday 1900 hrs

Danny looked around as he entered Side Street, spotting Steve and Catherine at their usual table. He slowly made his way over to them, watching the grin on Steve's face at something Catherine had said to him. Danny smiled, glad to see the happiness back on his friends face again. Steve looked up just as Danny reached the table.

"We the first to arrive?" Danny asked glancing around the room again.

"Yeah, you want one?" Steve asked him pointing to the drink on the table as he got up to head in the direction of the bar.

"I do. You do have your wallet don't you?" He enquired with a grin.

Steve just grinned at him as he moved towards the bar, ordering their drinks.