21

Paradise Inn, Waikiki

1600 hrs.

Chin and Kono were going through the room when they heard the sound of the lock disengaging. Drawing their weapons they waited for the person to open the door. "Sorry I'm late, baby." They heard as a large bunch of flowers appeared in the open door way.

"Ensign Robinson?" Kono asked, her weapon still pointed in the direction of the flowers. "Chin Ho Kelly and Kono Kalakaua, Five-0."

The flowers lowered and a young brown haired man with the bluest of eyes stared back at her. He was in his early 20's, dressed in a pair of black jeans and white tight fitting t-shirt that showed of a set of muscles that was only slightly smaller than McGarrett's. He took in the gun in her hand, glancing across at Chin who was stood near the closet at the back of the room. "Where's Michelle, what's going on?" He asked, worriedly.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but Michelle was found dead earlier today." Chin said, watching the SEAL take in the news; he dropped the flowers and his duffle on the floor, the shock clearly evident on his face.

"No, she can't be. I spoke to her this morning, she was fine. She can't be dead." He pleaded.

"I'm afraid she is." Chin confirmed again.

"I'd like to see her." He said.

"Of course we can take you to see her." Chin said, slowly lowering his weapon. "We'll drive you over there, why don't you bring your bag with you."

"Thank you." He said, bending to pick his duffle from the floor and realising he'd dropped the bouquet of roses as well. "We missed Valentine's Day; I wanted to surprise her with the roses."

"They're very beautiful, I'm sure she would have loved them." Kono told him kindly, as he picked them up laying them on the dresser. "Come on let's take you to see her."

He just nodded his head, allowing Kono to usher him out the door, and towards their vehicle.

...

Iolani Palace

1610 hrs.

"I've just received a text from Kono, they have Robinson. They're taking him to the M.E's office." Steve announced leaving his office and moving to join Cath and Danny by the smart table.

"Why not here?" Asked Danny.

"Apparently he didn't know she was dead." Steve explained adding as Danny raised an eyebrow in suspicious disbelief. "He turned up at the hotel with a bunch of roses, calling for her."

"Wow that does put a spin on the situation." Cath exclaimed, realising they couldn't possibly be looking at Elliot's killer.

"Exactly. Look I'm going to head over there, see what I can get out of him. If he is playing us I'd prefer to speak to him myself." Steve stated.

"He might open up to you more anyway." Cath pointed out to him, knowing the Ensign wouldn't find the blue room a threat given his SERE training.

"Yeah that's what I'm thinking." Steve said, looking at Danny who was looking at Steve thoughtfully.

"Why not just sit him in the interrogation room like we would any other suspect." Danny finally asked.

"I wouldn't find that a threat Danny. This kid has had the same kind of training as me, he's not going to break and tell us something. If what Kono and Chin have witnessed at the hotel is true, this kid didn't do it. What we need to do is find out who did and why." Steve told him, palming his truck keys. "Keep working on the security footage from the bar and surrounding areas." He told them as he left the bullpen.