8

Sunday 1230 hrs.

Barrow residence.

The Camaro and the two black SUV's pulled to a stop outside the home where several H.P.D vehicles were also pulling to a stop outside. Both teams quickly geared up; weapons were checked and readied as they made their way towards the front and rear of the house. H.P.D. used the battering ram to gain access to the home, as Five-0 and NCIS quickly entered and began searching the property.

Movement in the lounge caught their attention, as they swept the rooms. The battered and bloodied body of Commander Barrow was lying on the floor a gunshot wound to his shoulder. The man groaned in pain, as Steve used his foot to roll the man over to check if he was armed. Steve noted that his hands were secured in front of him with duct tape, and his mouth was gagged.

His eyes locked on the face above him, relief displayed on his face until he realised  who was looking down at him and he blanched quicker than Usain Bold can run 50 meters. He saw the rage in the other man's eyes as he pointed the gun at his head. In that moment Derick thought he was going to die, he'd read McGarrett's personnel file. He knew what the man was trained to do, and given the injuries his wife had inflicted on Rollins, he didn't expect to live to face court martial. He closed his eyes, silently preparing himself for the bullet that would take his life.

Steve watched as he closed his eyes, and quickly leaned down to check for a pulse. Barrow's eyes snapped open at the contact, and Steve had to push down on the urge to bury a bullet in the bastard. Pulling his knife from its sheath, he cut through the gag in his mouth. "Where's your wife?" He hissed at him, the knife pressed against Barrow's throat to dissuade him from calling for help.

"She left with Michael." He said in a scared voice.

"Where?" McGarrett demanded.

"I don't know, I swear." He said desperately wanting the man to believe him. "They didn't tell me."

"House is clear." Danny informed Steve, as he returned to the main room. "Safe has been emptied."

"I've got Cath putting out BOLOs on Hesse and the wife. We'll find them." Sam told him.

"Get this piece of shit back to interrogation." Steve told them, roughly pulling the man to his feet.

"We'll need to get him checked out first." Sam said taking in the bleeding wound on the man's shoulder.

"Don't need to," Steve told him. "Five-0 has full immunity; don't need to bother with patching him up before we interrogate him." Steve added with a grin, making Barrow blanch even more. "Book him Danno." He told his partner as he pushed the injured man in the direction of the door.

...

Sam and Callen were just on the way back to the black SUV after talking to the HPD forensics team, when the ringing of Steve's cell phone came to their attention as he answered.

"Hey, Cath. You get anything on Hesse or the wife?" He asked.

"We have another problem! There's been a power cut, we're in lock down." She told Steve.

"We're heading back now. Get yourself armed, your tac vest is still in the storage locker, be careful till we know what's happening." He told her, the worry starting to creep into his voice, as he motioned the 2 teams over to him.

"Always." She said, before disconnecting the call.

"The Palace has gone into Lockdown. Chin get a hold of The Chief, I don't want HPD going in till Five-0 get there, tell him not to lift the lockdown under any circumstances. Lou I want SWAT surrounding the building, no-one in or out." He said. Lou nodded, and moved away to make the call.