18

Iolani Palace

Monday 1055 hrs.

The ringing of the phone dragged Steve's attention from the file in front of him. He picked the receiver up, not recognizing the caller I.D only the Virginia area code. "McGarrett." He said into his office phone.

"Commander McGarrett, this is Lieutenant Singer with the Jag office. I'm calling on behalf of Colonel Mackenzie and Commander Rabb in regards to the Barrow trial." The female Lieutenant said over the line.

"What can I do for you Lieutenant?" He asked, as he glanced across to Cath's office. He could see her through the partially closed blinds, as she worked through the files in front of her. She looked up, scanning around her office before her eyes caught him watching her. She smiled at him before returning to work.

"Sir, I've been instructed to notify you and your team about the hearing. It's scheduled for next Monday, the 18th of the month, to be held at Jag." The Lieutenant notified him very efficiently.

"I'm sorry, but did you say it's being held on the 18th, and at Jag, as if Falls church, Virginia." He enquired, needing clarification.

"Yes Sir. Is there a problem?" Lieutenant Singer asked.

"I'm afraid so. Lieutenant Rollins and I are unavailable from the 17th till the 1st May and there is no way all my team can be present for a trial in Virginia. We have to have at least 2 people on the Island at any given time" Steve told her.

"Ooh I see is it possible for Lieutenant Rollins and yourself to change your plans." She asked.

"That's a definite no, Lieutenant. Are either the Colonel or Commander available for me to speak to?" Steve asked, feeling the need to sort out these issues directly.

"Colonel Mackenzie is in her office, I'll patch you through, if you'll hold one minute."

Steve was put on hold while the Lieutenant contacted the Colonel about his call, a few minutes later the call was picked up by the Colonel.

"Commander. Lieutenant Singer informs me we have a problem regarding the case." Mac said getting straight to the point.

"Yes, Ma'am we do. As I explained to the Lieutenant, five -0 has to have two people available on the Island at all times, and Cath and I are unavailable for a couple of weeks." Steve explained.

"We will need all your team present during the trial, especially Lieutenant Rollins and yourself. The NCIS team has already been notified and confirmed. Would you mind telling me why you're unavailable?" Mac enquired.

"Cath and I get married on the 16th; we'll be on our honeymoon for a couple of weeks." Steve told her, once again glancing at Catherine in her office.

"Okay, I'll speak to the Admiral; see what solution we can come up with. As the Lieutenant's testimony is of vital importance to the case, we should be able to move the date without a problem. Commander Rabb and I will speak to Commander Barrow's council; see if there is a possibility for moving the location." Mac suggested.

"Would a word from Governor Denning, be helpful in getting the location moved to Pearl?" Steve asked.

"Actually, yes. That could definitely work in our favor. If the Governor could put a request in through SecNav in regards to the safety and security of Hawaii, then that should be sufficient enough to change the location. I'll put a call into the Governor, and see if we can get started on that." Mac said, already making plans in her head.

"Actually, that might work out a lot quicker if I contact the Governor. I have a direct line, he pretty much answers when I call without having to go through his secretary." Steve pointed out, wanting to help as much as he could. "If we're getting the location moved to Oahu, are we talking the base or another location?" He asked.