24

Iolani Palace

Friday 1700 hrs.

Steve and Catherine had both been in contact with all their military and government contacts with little results. The most Chin and Kono were able to find on their exit into the U.S had been through immigration at LAX. It was as if Rashid had merely appeared overnight. The driver's license and passport for their victim had been issued in L.A, but they couldn't find out anything else.

Catherine had spent most of the day talking to Yasmin Rashid, but they were still nowhere nearer to finding the truth. The woman had been helpful telling Cath anything she needed to know even though she was devastated by the loss of her husband. Catherine had raised the subject of where they were going to put Yasmin, they were all aware that if the gunman realised that he'd left a witness he might return.

Yasmin did not speak English so was unable to talk with anyone but Catherine and a little bit with Steve. They had quickly come to the conclusion that Yasmin would have to stay at the beach house with them. Lou had arranged for a small SWAT team to be present outside McGarrett's house during the night.

Steve handed his truck keys to Kono. "Make sure you check over all your vehicles anything suspicious and we call in bomb squad understood." He glanced at them, making sure they understood his order. It was unlikely that they were targeted, but Steve wasn't taking any chances with any of them.

They all left the office together, Chin and Lou moving ahead of the group to secure the lift, while Danny and Steve took the stairwell, leaving Catherine and Kono to guard Yasmin as they approached the lift. Steve phoned Catherine's cell a couple of minutes later to tell them the lobby was secure, as they entered the lift and made their way downstairs.

Steve and Danny nodded at the Palace security team at the front desk as they moved past the line of people waiting by the metal detectors to enter the Palace lobby. Steve was busy scanning the faces of all the people checking for any potential threats as Catherine and Kono quickly moved through the lobby towards them. Chin, Danny and Lou quickly broke off exiting the building to check their cars, before nodding in Steve's direction.

Catherine and Kono had reached Steve's side and waited till they received the all clear from Chin and Lou on all their cars, before they left the safety of the Palace. Kono slipped away from Steve and Cath who were flanking either side of Yasmin as they walked towards the cars. Opening Steve's truck and quickly checking it over, she started the engine, just as Steve and Catherine reached the truck.

Steve opened the passenger side rear door, helping Yasmin to step up onto the running board and into the back seat, before closing the door. He pulled the front door open for Catherine, closing it after she'd gotten in, before moving around to the driver's side. Kono had slid out of the drivers seat and was quickly making her way over to her own car.

Chin moved out of his parking spot first, taking the lead as they made their way to the beach house. Danny and Lou both heading home to their families at Steve's insistence. "I didn't see anything suspicious!" Cath exclaimed as Steve drove the truck home.

"Me neither, I'm pretty sure that whoever killed her husband either isn't aware she's still alive or haven't figured out where she is yet." Steve said as he drove through the light traffic, heading home.

"Yeah, let's hope it's the former." Cath agreed, turning to glance at Yasmin in the back seat. "Everything will be fine, Yasmin." She reassured her with a smile.

"What do you want to do about Dinner? I can head out and get take away once we're secure." Steve suggested her.

"I'll cook something; I'll need to go to the store though." Cath told him. "We haven't got much in."