12

Sunday 1600 hrs

McGarrett's residence.

Steve was headed into the garage to store the camping gear, when he heard his cell phone ringing. Realising he'd left it in the glove box of the truck, he dropped the stuff in the open door way and turned to head back towards the truck, only to find Cath in the doorway talking on his phone.

"Yeah, we had a great time. It was nice to get away for a few days." She told the caller, listening intently. She smiled at Steve as she mouthed Danny. "The Island was amazing."

"I'll stow the gear while you talk." He said quietly as he headed back into the garage to stow the camping gear, Cath following him as she continued the conversation with his partner.

"This was a much better idea than Maui." She said into the phone, chuckling at something Danny said. "I'll pass you to Steve." Cath said as she passed the phone to Steve. She kissed him lightly on the cheek as she left the garage.

"Hey, Danny." Steve said as he watched Cath leave the garage.

"So, did you talk ?" Danny asked him.

"Yeah, we did. It wasn't anything to do with the case, it was a little closer to home." Steve told his partner.

"Everything's okay though? I mean Cath sounded like she had a good time."

"Yeah we did have a good time." Steve agreed before adding. "Seems Catherine has a few issues over Lyn."

"Right, I guess the whole you not getting any is your punishment." Danny pointed out. "She's not about to let you off the hook, yet."

"Not exactly." Steve told him as he left the garage locking the door behind him. "She understands me trying to move on, she's just having problems dealing with the fact I had sex with Lyn in our bed." Steve told him as he walked over to the Silverado.

"She's making you sleep in the spare room?" Danny asked.

"No, although I did suggest we swap rooms. I just need to give Cath a little time and space to deal with this." Steve told him, grabbing their back packs from the truck bed and closing the tailgate.

"Do you think it's worth putting the wedding on hold while you sort it out? I mean if Cath can't deal with it, your literally screwed babe." Danny pointed out.

"We're not putting the wedding off, we're both 1000% sure of that." Steve told Danny ending that discussion. "How's everything at five-0?"

"We've had a quiet weekend. I think all the criminals took a vacation when they heard you were out of town." Danny teased.

"I'll have to go away more often then." Steve said with a chuckle.

"You did however get a couple of visitors on Friday. A Commander Harmon Rabb, and a Lieutenant Colonel Sarah Mackenzie, both from Jag." Danny told him.

"They interviewed the rest of the team yet?" Steve asked heading down the path towards the front door that Catherine had left open for him.

"Yes, they did us all on Friday afternoon. I'm assuming they're lawyers."

"Yeah, they're from the Judge Advocate General's office. They deal with all aspects of Military legal proceedings." Steve explained for his partner's benefit. "They gonna be at the office tomorrow, or should we expect a visit tonight?" Steve asked as he walked in the house closing the front door behind him and dropping the packs on the couch.

"Don't know. I told them you were back late today so they might try stopping by the house later tonight, if not I'll guess they'll be in HQ tomorrow. I set them up in your office, I've locked your laptop and files in your desk drawer. Key's in my desk if you're in before me." Danny told him.