20

Pearl Harbor

USS ENTERPRISE

Monday 1400 hrs.

The three of them showed there I.D's before being allowed onto the ship, and quickly heading towards the Bridge. Steve and Catherine moving confidently through the ship, as Danny followed behind them. They moved aside several times to allow sailors to pass them, as crew members busied themselves going about their duties. Steve glanced across at Catherine, a wistful look on her face. "You home sick?" He teased her with a friendly smile.

"A little." She admitted, returning his smile just as they entered the bridge.

"Captain Dexter?" Steve called as he approached the ship's C.O.

"Commander McGarrett." Captain Dexter smiled as he turned around, holding out his hand to shake. "Good to see you again."

"You too, Sir. This is my partner, Detective Danny Williams and you already know Lieutenant Rollins." Steve introduced them.

"Detective, Lieutenant." He greeted, shaking hands with them both. "What can I do for Five-0?" He asked, beckoning to his second in command, Commander Paulson to join them.

"Ensign Michelle Elliot was found dead a couple of hours ago, Sir." Steve announced getting straight to the point.

"Elliot?" Paulson exclaimed. "She's one of our radar officers; can you tell us what happened?" He asked.

"Our M.E still has to run tests and do a more complete examination, but his preliminary findings suggest she was brutally raped and beaten before being strangled." Steve told them both.

"Good Lord, the poor woman." Exclaimed the Captain, slightly shocked by the news. "Paulson, pull the Ensign's file for the Commander. I assume you'll want to speak to her fellow bunk mates and colleagues?" He asked Steve.

"Yes Sir, if you wouldn't mind. I'd also like Lieutenant Rollins to go through her bunk and locker?" Steve mentioned nodding his thanks to Commander Paulson as he handed him a sheet of paper with the Ensign's compartment number on it.

"Of course, if you think it will help in any way." Agreed Captain Dexter nodding his thanks to a young Petty Officer who approached, handing him a clipboard, and dismissing the young man. "I'm happy for Five-0 to investigate her death, but I'd suggest running it by our AFLOT, Agent Wheaton." He told McGarrett.

"Of course, Sir. I'll speak to the Agent myself." Steve agreed easily.

"I'm sorry who?" Danny asked in confusion at the name.

"AFLOT is what we call the NCIS Agent at float. Every Naval vessel has one, it's so we have an independent investigator onboard to ensure no crime has been committed while we're at sea. Each vessel also carries a jag officer, who can instigate a hearing if they deem any naval law or criminal act has been violated." Steve explained for his partner.

"Okay." Danny said simply, not prepared to insult Steve or Cath by saying anymore. If they had been alone then he would have called his partner out on it, but insulting him in front of the Captain and the rest of the crew would not be fair. He had no intention of belittling Steve and Cath in this environment.

Steve was released that Danny had allowed the subject to drop so quickly, and he quickly moved the conversation back to the case. "Danny why don't you head to her quarters with Cath, get started with the search. I'll go see the AFLOT and then speak to her C.O." He told them.

"Fine, Cath lead the way because according to my annoying partner, I'll get lost otherwise." He joked as they moved of the bridge heading into the bowels of the ship.