1

Iolani Palace

FRIDAY 1700 hrs.

"I think that's the last of the reports sent." Steve said as he left his office to meet the other members of the task force. They had just finished up a case, having caught the serial killer who had been targeting newly married couples from the main land. It had been a long tough week, and they were all ready to head home for some rest and a decent night's sleep. "How about we all head over to Side Street for an early dinner?" He suggested, not ready to go home to his empty house just yet.

They all looked around at each other, quickly agreeing. Then groaned loudly as Steve's phone rang. "McGarrett," He said in greeting then they all heard the words. "We're on our way."

"Where to?" Danny asked, slightly annoyed.

"Warehouse on the docks. HPD responded to a call from security, three bodies were discovered, one victim is still alive. Strung up and tortured, dog tags were found on 2 of the victims, so we need to get moving on the scene before NCIS or AFOSI are involved." Steve said as he headed towards the door, the others following behind.

"Who's AFOSI?" Danny asked trailing behind his partner.

"Air Force office of special investigation's" Steve told him, calling for the lift.

"Why does the military have to have weird names for everything?" He grumbled making the others smile.

...

5-0 excited their vehicles, and approached the police officer's that were stationed at the entrance to the warehouse. They could see the EMT's working on the third victim a short distance away. Duke approached the team, handing three evidence bags to Steve, as they made their way into the warehouse. Steve glanced at the bags noting the dog tag and a thin gold double chain necklace. Steve froze at that. "Duke the woman?"

"She's the one the EMT's are working on." He told 5-0's leader who immediately ran to the ambulance.

Danny had noticed Steve's reaction, and quickly moved towards his partner, instantly knowing something was wrong. When he reached the back of the ambulance, he discovered his partner, clasping the hand of the victim. The biggest shock of all was who their victim was.

"Steve" She crocked out, weakly, grabbing at his hand as tears slid down her face.

"Shah, save your strength Catherine. I'm not going anywhere." He told her as the EMT's carried on working on her. One of the EMT's was filling a syringe with morphine when Catherine started to panic.

"No, no pain meds." She told them panicking as they went to insert the needle in the I'V that they'd set up to replace her fluids. She quickly turned to look at Steve, tears running down her face as she blurted out, "I'm pregnant."

Steve opened his mouth, no sound coming out as he took in the woman before him. To say he was stunned was an understatement, but that was quickly making way to his anger. "What?"

Catherine was freely crying now, the tears streaming down her battered and bruised face, as she sobbed. "So sorry... didn't know... not till...I'd left...wanted to tell you...I tried calling..." She said, between great sobs. She looked away from him then, not wanting to see the anger in his eyes.

"Catherine, look at me." He said in a quiet voice, his hand gently brushing her hair away from her face. He smiled at her as she turned to look at him again. "So 3 months?" He asked.

Catherine turned to look at him, noticing the acceptance in his face. She knew he was angry with her, could see it in his eyes, but she could also see the acceptance of her words. He didn't doubt her words; he knew the baby was his. She nodded her head, moaning at the pain that created, and whispered the word. "Yes."