22

Danny's car.

1900 hrs.

Danny turned to look at his partner in the diming light as dusk descended on Oahu. The light from the hotels were blazing as the nightlife started. "You know I didn't say anything earlier when you told the team about having problems."

"We appreciate you keeping it to yourself Danny." Thanked Steve as he drove the Camaro through the streets of Honolulu.

"How are things between you?" He asked watching as Steve smiled, turning to look at his partner.

"We're doing fine." Steve grinned at him.

"By the look on your face, I can tell you're getting some Barry White. So I'm leaving that right there, because I don't want to know." Danny sighed watching as the grin on Steve's face got wider. "Alright, please stop you're putting images in my head."

"I wasn't thinking about that." He turned to look at Danny. "Honestly Danny I'm not thinking about making love to Catherine, right now. It's just she woke me up in the night."

"Woo, no more please. I don't need to know about Catherine waking you up." Danny shouted, attempting to put a stop to his partner.

"Nothing like that." Steve exclaimed. "Cath and the baby were hungry." he grinned again as he remembered her waking him up.

FLASHBACK

Steve felt Catherine's hands, slip across his chest as she kissed his cheek, whispering his name in his ear.

"Steve, are you awake?" She asked.

"I am now." He told her groggily. "What's wrong, is there someone downstairs." He tried to listen out thinking she'd heard an intruder.

"No, I'm hungry." She said with a smile as he lifted his head to look at her face in the moonlight.

"You're hungry? Cath its 0200 hrs." He said glancing at the clock on his bedside table.

"Yeah, we still got chocolate ice-cream in the freezer?" Her eyes lighting up at the thought of the chocolate.

"Yeah." He told her in confusion, sure he was missing something. He watched as she smiled, and rubbed at her stomach, then the penny dropped. "I'll get it, you wait here." He dropped a kiss on her lips as he got up pulling on his discarded t-shirt as he headed towards the door.

"Ooh, pineapple as well." She exclaimed as he left the bedroom.

END FLASHBACK.

Danny was laughing at him happy for his friend. "Wait till you feel it kick for the first time that's an awesome feeling trust me."

"You know I can't wait." Steve was grinning at the thought of feeling their child move for the first time. "Cath's got a scan booked for the end of the week; her doctor said we might be able to find out what we're having." He excitedly told Danny.

"You want to know?" Danny was watching the stupid grin that was plastered to his partners face.

"We've talked about it, and Cath wants us to find out. She wants to paint my old room, you know turn it into a proper Nursery. So she wants to know if it's pink or blue." Steve explained.

"Count me in on the painting detail; I'm a dab hand at painting kids bedrooms." Danny offered with an easy smile.

"Thanks." Steve said simply.

"You know I guess there's no need for a DNA test huh, the kid already like's pineapple." Danny teased.

Steve laughed at him, but didn't say anymore.