13

McGarrett residence

Sunday 1740 hrs.

Cath sat with her feet tucked underneath her as she curled into Steve on the worn leather couch watching the film playing on the T.V. The remains of their take away scattered across the coffee table. She sighed contently as Steve wrapped his arm around her pulling her in closer planting a kiss on the top of her head.

A knock on the door alerted them to company, Steve letting out a long deep sigh realising their evening was about to be taken over by Jag. He had hoped they'd wait until the morning, give him and Catherine a few more hours of peace. Cath had moved from his embrace, sitting up and tidying their left overs up. Rising from the couch he headed towards the door to let them in.

Steve pulled the door open to see a Navy Commander and a Marine Colonel standing on his door stop. "I'm assuming Colonel MacKenzie and Commander Rabb from Jag ?"

"Correct Commander, can we assume that Detective Williams informed you of our visit?" Mac asked him.

"Yeah, he phoned just after we got home. Come in." He said gesturing for them to enter his home. "Take a seat, can I get you anything?" He asked moving to the coffee table and picking up the remote to turn the T.V off.

"I'll take one of those beers if you've got one." Harm said pointing at the bottle on the coffee table.

"Sure, Colonel can I get you one, maybe a wine?" Steve asked as he made to move towards the kitchen.

"Thank you, a wine would be great." She told him as he headed to the Kitchen.

Mac watched as the Commander left the room heading towards what she assumed was the kitchen. She glanced around the room noting what looked like the dining room near the French doors which were pulled open slightly letting in a cool breeze. The crashing of waves could be heard on the shore, making Mac realise how close to the Ocean the house must be. A noise from the direction of the Kitchen caused her to turn her head in that direction. Expecting to see the Commander entering the room, only to realise that it was a woman.

"Lieutenant Rollins." Mac said getting to her feet along with Harm. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Sarah MacKenzie and this is my colleague Commander Harmon Rabb. We're both with Jag, we're the prosecuting attorneys on the Barrow's trial." Mac explained shaking the woman's hand.

"Ma'am." Cath greeted returning the hand shake, before turning to the Commander. "Sir."

Harm followed suit shaking the Lieutenant's hand and indicating she should sit. "Lieutenant."

Mac was taking in the bruising on the woman's face and arms, the thick raw bruising and abrasions on her wrists indicating some of the woman's recent ordeal. She was wearing a much to large t-shirt, obviously belonging to the Commander with the SEAL logo blazoned across the front. The Lieutenant sat down on the couch across from them, she smiled at Mac as she noticed her glance at the t-shirt.

"I've been borrowing Steve's shirts for years." She told them with a shrug of her shoulders.

Steve's chuckle came from the kitchen door way as he returned with the drinks. "You know Rollins that generally means you return them once in a while." He said with a grin placing the drinks on the table in front of them, and pulling a bottle of water out of his pocket and passing it to Catherine. "So you're prosecuting Barrow?"

"Yes we are. We've spoken to all your team Commander, there's just yourself and the Lieutenant to interview. All of your reports are pretty conclusive, but we want to make sure we have everything that the defence might bring up. Now both myself and Commander Rabb felt that your team have left something out." Mac said going straight to the point.