4

SATURDAY 12.30 HRS

Sam noticed the large wall of a man stood outside the hospital room as Steve and himself approached. The other man stepped towards them, giving Sam the once over before turning his full attention to Steve.

"Aint nobody been in there other than that pretty nurse and Doctor you spoke to earlier. Your woman's safe." He told Steve.

"Mahalo." Steve told the man before indicating to Sam. "Kamekona, Sam Hanna. Sam was a member of my SEAL team, and Kamekona is very good at getting information on illegal activities on the Island." Steve explained.

"Hey Brah, I ain't no snitch." He told McGarrett, slightly annoyed at the implication.

"Of course not. What do you know about weapon's being shipped, sold or stolen? We're looking for someone that's been stealing from the base." He told Kamekona, who looked ready to dispute any knowledge about anything.

"I don't know anything about any of that." He told McGarrett.

"Look these guys are responsible for killing 2 sailors and beating the crap out of Catherine. I want them." He growled.

"I'll put out some feelers, and see what I can find out for you. But I'm telling you Brah, I honestly know nothing about it." He told McGarrett. He hated the thought of anyone hurting Catherine; she was one of his friends after all.

"Mahalo." Steve said watching as Kamekona left the building.

"Can you trust him?" Sam asked, clearly confused over the interaction.

"Yeah. Kamekona has had a little bit of a colourful past which after helping Chin nail the big fish, and serving a year in Halawa for his small part, he went totally straight. Kame has his ear to the ground on most things that go on around Oahu, he'll let us know if something comes up. He also considers Catherine a friend." Steve told him as he placed his hand on the door to Catherine's room before entering.

...

Catherine was propped up in bed, the remote for the TV in her hand as she flicked through the channel's trying to find something worth watching. She instantly flicked past Jag, NCIS and Sea patrol, as they hit too close to home, finally settling on watching a re-run of the tough mudder from this year. She looked towards the door; having heard what she thought was Steve's voice. Muting the TV, she listened more carefully, and smiled when she realized he was talking to Kamekona outside her room.

A few minutes later he was pushing open the door to her room, a smile on his face. She smiled back at him, greeting him her usual welcome line. "Well hello their Sailor."

He grinned at her, glad she was sounding a bit more like her old self. "You sound a little better."

"My Doctor thinks I could be out in a couple of days, the antibiotics have kicked in and my blood pressure has come down." She told him with a grin on her face.

"Hey that's great news." He told her, indicated behind him. "You have another visitor." He said stepping aside and allowing Sam to enter the room.

"Catherine, good to see you again." He told her as he entered the room, and moved to stand at the end of her bed.

"Hi Sam, your here to de-brief me, aren't you?" Cath reasoned, already familiar with Sam's past and current job.

"Actually I'm here as an observer, Steve's going to de-brief you." He explained.

Cath opened her mouth, and then closed it again looking towards Steve for an answer. "I don't understand." She finally managed to say.

"SecNav agreed for Five-0 to be read in on your mission, that way I can debrief you, and we can get the mission completely wrapped up, and most importantly it won't stress you out too much. We can stop at any time, Cath." Steve explained taking hold of her hand as he took the chair by the bed.