SIXTY - EPILOGUE

Snow Patrol: I'll Never Let Go

"Harry, would you come here a second?", I yelled out from our bathroom and I could hear him climbing up the stairs.

"What's the matter love?", closing the door behind him I pointed to the bathroom counter and he noticed the pregnancy test that lay on top of it. Harry immediately grabbed my hands and we waited for the timer on my phone to go off.

"I didn't want to do it alone, I don't think I can face another negative test, to be honest.", it had been around six months since we'd started trying for a second baby and we'd gotten a negative every month. Kaya was conceived without trying so we assumed it would be that easy the second time, too. Unfortunately, we were wrong and it took so much effort and leveling with ourselves to block out the disappointing feelings. The one thing we promised we wouldn't do was have timed intercourse... that wasn't an option because the thought of scheduling love making was enough to put us off from even trying.

"It's not negative, my love. We did it!", he exclaimed as soon as the timer went off and I jumped up to hug him. Was it real? Did we actually succeed this time? Was I really pregnant?

"Oh God, Harry, I can't believe it!", we just hugged for a while and I cried a bit before I heard Kaya knocking something over downstairs and we joined her in the living room.

"Mummy why are you sad?", our three-year-old was too smart for her own good, there was nothing you could hide from her. She was so aware of her surroundings all the time, always observing and always asking a million questions. Her questions had a tendency to get on our nerves more often than not, but we always patiently answered all of them, knowing it could only serve her well to learn and absorb all we could offer.

"Mummy isn't sad darling, she's happy. Those are happy tears. Come on, lets go wash up for lunch.", Harry took her hand and led her to the downstairs bathroom while I set the table and brought out the pasta. He was truly incredible and took over most of the house work in the last weeks, cooking, cleaning and cheering me up every time I started to get down.

"Is Gran coming over later?", Kaya tried getting out of eating her lunch, she was in that phase currently and it was a struggle. Recently she'd started playing with her food, swirling peas on her plate, refusing to eat meatballs and a number of other things.

"She is love, but we need to finish everything from our plates before she gets here. Okay?", her green eyes flashed a guilty look, completely aware we busted her and she had no other options but to eat the rest of her lunch.

Anne, Gemma and Michal popped over in the afternoon, like they'd done every Saturday for the past two years. We were lucky to have a big back garden, currently filled with all of Kaya's outdoor toys, that we used as a green sanctuary in the city. We'd actually decided to tell them our news today, since we'd kept them up to speed on all things career and baby related thus far. This really was the perfect time for this to happen because Harry was finally allowed a longer break from work, having honored the 'four years – two records' part of his contract... we'd waited to start trying for another baby until he got the official word from Jeff that he'd be free from all major work obligations for the next three years.

"How have you been this week? Has this one been keeping you up again?", Gemma was referring to Kaya's new thing – fighting sleep and keeping us awake the entire night with her. Worse than when she was a tiny baby.

"She's been really good, actually. Haven't you babe?", the little one nodded and ran along towards the sandbox.

"Actually guys we've got something to sha-", Harry didn't even finish speaking when Anne shrieked loudly.

"Are you? Are you really?", it seemed she was more excited for Kaya to get a sibling than we were to have another child. Gemma and Michal were both about to burst out laughing at Anne's reaction and Harry just nodded, sliding the positive pregnancy test across the table.

A YEAR LATER

"Niall just texted, saying he'd be over in a few. Are we all ready?", I'd just finished breastfeeding the little one when Harry's head popped through the bedroom door.

"If Kaya's dressed then I'd say we're set. I'll just change his diaper and we'll join you downstairs.", he assured me she was ready but hurried off in the direction of her bedroom. Both the baby and I giggled at his silliness; the fact he tried to hide Kaya wasn't yet dressed was truly endearing.

"Come on love, down we go.", we climbed down the stairs just as Niall rang the bell. Perfect timing.

"Hello family! Congratulations guys! I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to spoil this one rotten as well.", the blonde held out his arms and I placed the baby in them.

"Wow, he looks quite different than Kaya did when she was this little. Apart from the green Styles eyes... What's his name?", Harry got giddy because this was the moment we'd been waiting for. A little surprise for our best friend.

"He's gonna be a blondie, it looks. Are you ready to hear his name?", an unnecessary interlude by Harry only got Niall to grow more eager, "His name is... Nicholas, like teacup's granddad, then Niall, like his godfather, and finally Styles.". Niall's face was priceless, his blue eyes got watery and he looked at us lovingly.

"Wow, it's an honor you guys! He's so precious!"

Our life was so perfect right now, with all the little pieces finally coming together in the most beautiful reality. The material aside, living in a beautiful house and having luxuries that many didn't, we were the strongest we'd ever been. It was still surreal to think that we now had a family of four and kids of our own... little feet running around the kitchen trying to steal snacks from the cabinets and the cutest baby noises waking us up in the middle of the night. But it was our bond that made it all solid, even though it wasn't easy we were able to reach a realm of communication and understanding that offered firm ground to stand upon. Harry was off from work and he was finally able to fully enjoy his time with us, with the exception of a few radio interviews every now and again. I was still consulting for Rod, and we agreed I'd go back to work when both kids were old enough to go into daycare. We woke up every morning thankful for all we had and all we built, smiling into the day ahead. Life was good.

"Do you get this feeling of overwhelming gratefulness every time you remember we have this incredible family and these two wonderful kids... after all we'd been through?", I got back into bed after putting Nicky down and snuggled into Harry's side. He caressed my face and moved a fallen strand of hair to the side. His green eyes were always my point of reference, whenever I felt lost or confused it was enough to search for his eyes and I'd be fine.

"I do. But I get more of it when I look at you, because without you there would be none of this... no me, no kids, no home. It's you. It's always you."

THE END 

--------------------
A/N: wow, we've finally reached the end of this tale... Thank you all for reading, commenting, voting and loving the story of these two as much as I do. It's been an escape for me, making them fall in love and overcoming their obstacles.
As of now, I don't have any plans for a sequel which does sadden me a bit, since I don't think I'm ready to let go of H and Teacup yet... But, maybe I'll come up with an idea for another story.

TPWK, always.
I love you all, T.