TWENTY-FOUR

One Direction: They Don't Know About Us

A/N: Thank you guys for 2k! It makes me so happy that there are people actually enjoying this story! Voting and all (dora_explores and the rest: I see you and I appreciate you <3)! Hope you enjoy this chapter, and all the ones that are yet to come because I'm back to writing after a small break :)

----------------------

We both slept in, rolling around in bed and laughing to Harry's knock-knock jokes, deliberately ignoring the fact that we would soon have to get up. The plan was for me to keep one set of keys and get my stuff from the house before we left for San Diego. Harry would be long gone to Philadelphia by then. His tour dates made no sense to me, but Jeff must've had a reason for scattering him over the country like that. Harry kept distracting me by wanting to dance through the kitchen to 'Eight Days a Week' like the day he wrote 'Sunflower vol.6', and I kept trying to shoo him off and make us breakfast. He needed to leave for the airport in half an hour and I couldn't look him in the eye for the majority of that time. The uncertainty of where we stood during the tour was killing me. What if something happens? What if we didn't have enough time to get attached and the faint bond slowly fades away as the days go by? What if...

"Teacup, I've got to go now. Come here.", slowly, I got up and dragged myself over to the kitchen island where he was standing.

"Make sure to send me videos of tonight, I'll have my fingers crossed the entire time, wishing you luck. I'll text you when we land.", his arms wrapped around me and I allowed myself to look into his eyes for the first time that day. I wasn't going to cry, which was normal for me but I feared he wouldn't see it as normal but would instead conclude that it's a lack of emotions. His fingers moved across my jaw and I closed the gap between us, as we didn't have time for the torturous slowness he loved so much.

"You'll be late. I'll see you later.", I pecked his lips once more and started cleaning plates around the kitchen. Harry gave me one last, faint, smile and the wooden door closed behind him. Gone. Just like that.

JUNE 5TH

The month went by quickly, a blur of buses and planes, hotel rooms and weird middle-of-nowhere gas stations. Harry and I talked once a day, sharing stories from the night before and laughing at the weird stuff fans did. I was missing him, but with the modern technology of the 21st century I was still able to see his face at least once a day. It wasn't the same as seeing him in person, I was aware. We didn't really talk much about missing each other... I couldn't say it out loud, because it would make the whole thing more real and he didn't want to appear sappy in front of me. All in all, we handled the North American leg pretty well. My tour was a success, every news outlet wanting to get a look at the 'incredible stage design and production of the new Coldplay tour'. Lil' beamed with pride when she read an article that mentioned our firm and Josh couldn't believe we actually pulled it off when he came to the New York concerts.

I was currently in a Montreal airport, waiting to board a flight to Denver, Colorado where Helene, Harry's tour photographer would be waiting for me. I was never this nervous to see him, not even when I flew from DC to L.A. to apologize for kissing him and basically blowing him off after the kiss... 'Are you there yet? Text me as soon as you land, x, H', he texted me right before the plane took off. Four and a half hours later I claimed my baggage and navigated my way through the unfamiliar airport. I was about to curse whoever was calling me, because letting go of one of my suitcases threatened to throw me off balance, but then I saw it was Harry.

"Hi! Where are you?", he sounded very chipper over the phone, which I contributed to the fact that he was hauled up in a hotel room waiting for me to show up.