FIFTY

Coldplay: Don't Panic

A/N: hey everyone! I planned on publishing this yesterday but life had other plans. Yesterday morning, around 6:20 am, the entire city of Zagreb was waken up by a terrible and strong earthquake. It was a 5,5 magnitude by the Richter scale and I cannot even begin to explain how I felt as it was happening. I live on the fourteenth floor of a skyscraper and my entire building was swaying left to right and back and forth for about a minute. Things were falling, doors were banging, I thought I was going to die... I actually thought my building was collapsing. There were a couple more quakes during the morning and we were all pretty shaken up by it all. I ended up going to my parents' place, which is a two-story building and I don't know when I'll be able to go back to my flat. PTSD is strong with this one, I barely slept last night as any sound of the wind, the branches against the building or just my imagination woke me up and I began to shake instantly. We are safe now, as safe as we can be, obviously. Over twenty people have been injured and it's a tough crisis combined with the corona virus lockdown happening. I hope all of you are well and I hope you enjoy this chapter! (ALSO, 20k! Thank you guys so much!!)

---------------------------------------------

For two weeks I've been feeling my stomach tighten and then release, at all hours of the day (and night). I'd gotten used to the pain and discomfort and Harry learned to just let me be when Braxton Hicks attack. They were sort of a trial run for real contractions. If I was being honest, I was so sick of pregnancy. All of it – the constant peeing, the fact I couldn't sleep for more than three hours per night, the lack of interest I had for regular food, the 'are you okay, are you having your baby?' questions everyone seemed to ask as soon as I'd rest my hand on my huge stomach.

"Teacup, do we need anything from M&S? I'm off to see Mitch for a while and then I'll be back.", luckily, Harry took my threat to cut off his manhood if he continues to hover over me quite seriously, and he was getting out of the house at least once a day.

"Hm, get me mint chocolate chip and I'll love you forever and ever.", he leaned over to give me a kiss and ended up laughing at my silliness.

For an hour I'd been having more of those false labor contractions. I wasn't really sure. I mean, how do you tell when it's real versus when it's just Braxton Hicks? I knew only one person in the whole of UK I could call.

"Hey love, what's up?", Anne picked up after a few rings and I was very thankful for her habit of picking up right away.

"Not much. Listen, how do you tell apart false from real contractions?"

"That doesn't sound like 'not much'. Can you describe them to me?", she laughed. At least someone was nonchalant around me.

"Well the ones I've been having for almost two weeks have been like menstrual cramps with a slight tightening of my stomach. But going on an hour now I've been having these waves of pain that start low, rise up and then ebb away. They're seven to five minutes apart and I don't know whether to call Harry and go to the hospital or to stay home.", I could almost see her thinking face while I waited for a response.

"I assume your waters have not broken, because that's something you'd know for sure. Have you tried going to the loo? This is really awful but check for a bloody show. You'll know it when you see it, trust me. I'll get in the car and start the drive to London because I have a feeling if it's not happening now it will soon.", I did as she said and went to pee. There was a tiny bit of blood, which immediately freaked me out. 'Okay, deep breaths', I tried calming myself down. The midwife told me to wait for an hour and to come in if the contractions don't stop or if they become more frequent.