TWENTY-ONE

One Direction: Drag Me Down

A/N: I initially wanted some sort of upload schedule but ended up deciding to update every couple of days since I've got around 30 chapters already written and I've honestly been dying to have you guys read them (so we're all caught up haha)! Anyways, I'll leave you to it, we'll talk at the end :) 

------------------------------------------

Four days really aren't as much as they seem when they're spent packing, tying up loose ends at the office, dealing with a minor lighting crisis for the tour and saying goodbye (for now) to the first place I called 'home' this side of the pond. Josh didn't have much time to help because he spent most of his days running between a couple of the Smithsonian museums and chasing Jack's tail. Their event was a whole different kind of complicated when it came to keeping it from falling apart, and I wouldn't want to be in Josh's shoes for that one. Over in California, Harry was going crazy over his own tour, something he told me usually never happened, and I was trying my best to keep him calm and not add to his mini nervous breakdowns during our calls. We even decided I'd share my thoughts on the album when I get to L.A., but he made me tell him if I liked it or not, saying he couldn't stand not knowing at least that.

"I thought I'd be helping you screw your head back on during the last couple of days, but you seem to be doing fine.", Lilian's voice broke the silence in my office that's been empty for hours, with everyone being long gone for the day. I was still finishing writing up a few contracts, organizing some of my files for the EP that will be taking over the usual clients and leaving notes for Rafael who would be joining me in L.A. for the opening night of the tour.

"You're the only one that seems to think I'm on track... honestly, I'm losing my mind bit by bit each day. There's so much to do and I can't shake this nervous feeling I get whenever I think about the first concert.", there was nobody better to talk to about jitters before big events than Lil'. The woman mastered the art of calming her nerves and not losing her shit on people that didn't do their jobs right.

"Oh that's completely normal. I remember being way worse than you right before the big night, a mixture of way too much coffee and not enough food threatened to kill me the entire first year after opening the business. Eat good foods and drink your water! You'll do fine, as I've told you countless times before, you got this!", I got up to hug her, thinking about how lucky I got with my bosses the past couple of months. Everyone was incredibly kind and caring, Bernie, Chris and the boss-lady herself. They restored my faith in humanity in the work field, one by one. Lil' sent me home to finish packing and get a good night of sleep before flying to California tomorrow. She promised to call me at least once a week and, in return, I promised not to let her down.

"Hey mister, are you feeling any better today.", I called Harry on my way home, needing to hear his voice but afraid that his stress would somehow transfer to me, at the same time.

"Honestly, not really, but as the big night gets closer, I'll be fine. What about you? Are you packed?", he wasn't very convincing, but there was nothing I could do to help him from across the country. My keys got lost at the bottom of my big bag and I almost dropped my phone while trying to fish them out.

"Man, I've got no idea what to pack for a tour. I want to take my entire wardrobe with me, but that's just impossible.", a big mess of overflowing suitcases greeted me from the living room, but I ignored them and focused on making some dinner instead.

"You should talk to Helene about that, she has a role that's similar to yours in terms of not having to perform but having to be present all the time... I can't wait to see you, though.", I couldn't really say I felt the same, since we'd be spending half of a day together before setting off on each of our tours. Coming to terms with not having a home in one place for the next three months was a bit harder than I expected and nobody really understood that. All of my friends were 'super jealous' of me getting to travel the world, none of them realizing that while they'd sleep in the same bed every night I'd be calling tour busses and hotel rooms home.