28

"Why do you have the baby?" Ash asks as he comes onto the bus.

"Her name's Copeland." I laugh, "And Rowen wanted to show her sister what she does and I offered to watch her. She's pretty cute isn't she." I grin as I reach out to poke her cheek with my finger the same way she'd done to me yesterday.

"Who are you and what have you done with Calum Hood?"

"Stop, I've always liked kids." I defend.

"Yeah, sure okay." He says with a great deal of sass and a quick roll of his eyes.

"Row is all upset from yesterday.."

"I'm surprised you're not still upset from yesterday." Ash interrupts.

"Oh, I am. That motherfucker better just be thankful Row took care of him before I got out there. I am fully confident that I would have inflicted a lot more damage than she did. He got off easy really." I say angrily.

"Anyways, back to what I was saying, Row is still upset over all that and just wanted a few minutes alone with her sister, I think, so I offered to watch Cope for a bit."

"That's quite sweet of you, Cal." Ash says, his eyes lighting up with humor as he teases me.

"Give it a rest mate. I can do nice things for my girlfriend. 'specially if it's just getting to watch this sweet one." I say tickling Copeland's belly.

"Yeah, I don't know who you are but I'm not mad about it. It's nice to see you like this." He says looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Like what?" I ask, frowning.

"Just, happy... In love."

"Is it that obvious?" I ask.

He smirks and I sigh.

"So you haven't told her then?" He asks.

"No! It's only been a few weeks since I met her. I've only been calling her my girlfriend for like a week. I can't already be in love with her, can I?" I ask voicing a lot of the thoughts I've been struggling with over the last few days since I'd first had the thought that I might love Rowen occur to me.

"There's no timeline on love, Cal. Some people fall in love with another the first time they see them, others take years to be ready to commit. Don't deny yourself how you feel. If it's any reassurance she has the same look in her eyes when she sees you that you have when you see her."

"She's been through some real shit, Ash."

"Yeah, but now she's got you. If I know anything about you, and I should, I am your best friend, I know you won't let her go through anything else alone."

"Not if I can help it." I agree, turning my attention to the baby in my arms who is cooing and refusing to move her finger from my dimple.

"What do ya think Cope? You think your aunt Sagey loves me? Huh?"

I stare at her for a moment with my head cocked like I'm expecting a real answer from an eight month old. She replies only in baby babble and I lean her closer to my chest, bouncing her on my arm.

"Typical woman, no help." I tease her, lifting her and shoving her shirt up with my nose to blow raspberries into her tummy.

She squeals in delight and I laugh.

"You've got it so bad. I'm gonna need you to calm it down with the baby fever though. I don't know if the band could handle throwing a kid into our mix."

"I don't have baby fever and I'm not having kids any time soon." I defend.

"Yeah, uh-huh, okay." Ash laughs.

I scoff at him and cuddle Copeland with my left arm while I scroll through social media with my free hand.

"Come on mate, you can't tell me seeing something like this from Kay wouldn't get your heart feeling all funny." I say holding out my phone to let him see the post from Row.

Liked by calumhood, katemires, and 2,431 othersSoundslikeSage thankful for this time with my littlest love

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Liked by calumhood, katemires, and 2,431 others
SoundslikeSage thankful for this time with my littlest love

"Okay that's kind of cute." Ash admits.

"Speaking of Kay, how are things?" I ask treading lightly.

He sighs heavily and rolls onto his back on the couch across from me, his hands behind his head as he stares at the ceiling.

"I'd like to think things are going well... we're talking more but we just have so much shit to work through. We made this really big mistake of holding in all of these things we were feeling and it just festered and it had built so much that we just completely fell apart but I'm still hoping we can put it back together."

"I think  you can. You just have to be honest about how you're feeling and do what you can. Hopefully  it'll all work out and if not, you know I'll be here for you to help you through like you always have been for me."

"Thanks for that, Cal." He says softly.

"No worries."

The sound of the bus door opening draws our attention.

"Cal, you in here?" Matt calls.

"Yeah, mate. What's up?" I ask, standing and shifting Copeland to my hip.

"Come chat with me."

"Um.. okay?" I agree a little confused, offering my goodbye's to Ashton and following after Matt down the stairs and off of the bus.

He beckons me forward and into a seemingly empty room, I stop short when I see that we arent actually alone. Rowen is sat down in  a chair against the far wall, slumped against the back of the seat. Her eyes snap up to meet mine and I see the fear in them.

I pull a chair next to hers and hand Copeland over to her. She needs baby snuggles more than me right now. I slip my arm around the back of her chair and she leans closer to my ear.

"Told you so." She says sadly pulling away from me.

I bite my lip and turn my head back to Matt waiting on a real explanation.

"So... what's up?" I ask him.

He sits across from us, his hands clasped in front of him.

"We need to talk."

AN: More Cal/Cope bc it's cute af and I wanted a soft chapter amongst this drama.

What will Matt have to say?

Tell me your theories on what happens next!

ILY

Sav