12

An: double update bc I promised Sprinting_Ginger if she did I would! Read 11 first!

I hate that my requests to have Rowen tech for me seem to have caused her issues. I look around as we sound check and again throughout the performance trying to identify who could be commenting on her role as my guitar tech.

I'm fine with her wanting to switch out roles but no one should be giving her any shit for something I have requested. We rarely switch up our crew, I consider most of them part of our extended family and to know that at least one of them is making life even more difficult for her bothers me.

I come off stage and kiss her cheek, a small amused smile on my face when I see her cheeks redden. I'm making a statement to the crew. She's not to be messed with.

I bound down the stage steps, following after the others and joining their recap of the show tonight and what our plans are for tonight before bus call. Ashton pours us all a drink as we return to the green room and we settle in to come down from our post show highs. I'm halfway through my second Jack and coke when I hear loud voices in the hallway.

"I mean, do you think that's how she got the job?"

"No, no. I do know that Matt gave her a trial in the studio and Luke hired her."

"Still. They always go with people they know and then we get this girl shoved in the mix out of nowhere. It's a little odd is all. She doesn't have any tour experience, I basically carried her the whole first week."

"You're just jealous." Caleb says. I've worked out the voices of the conversation belonging to Caleb and Mark.

"I mean, yeah, she's hot. I'd definitely fuck her." He says and I feel my blood begin to boil.

"Even if she is interested in Calum, he sucks at women, I give him two weeks tops before she's heartbroken and eas-"

"I'd shut the fuck up if I were you." I say, stepping out into the hallway. My fists clenched at my sides, my face surely red, and my jaw tight.

Mark jumps and I move threateningly close to him.

"Say what you just said about her or I again, to my face." I say menacingly.

He visibly swallows, his chest no longer puffed and proud as it was a moment ago while he was talking shit.

"I've known you a long time, Mark. I consider you family, but I swear to God if I hear you say one more vile thing about her or she tells me you're giving her shit I will beat your face in and then have you fired." I spit, watching as his eyes go wide.

"I mean it. Don't test me Mark." I say, pointing at him as I back away and head for the crew bus.

I bang on the door and wait for it to be opened, thankful when it does to reveal Rowen.

"He-"

I cut her off by pulling her against me.

The anger that had been steadily building within me releases as I'm enveloped in the smell of her perfume and her arms wrap around me.

"If Mark or anyone give you anymore shit I want you to tell me immediately. This bullshit they are trying to pull is not going to fly with me."

"Cal it's fine, I'm the newbie I knew there would be some teasing and I'm the only girl so I'm an easy target." She says, running her hands up my forearms attempting to calm me down.

"Not on my watch." I say firmly.

"Do you wanna just stay on my bus tonight? I don't know how I feel about letting you on the same bus as those assholes right now." I say in a thick voice.