8

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache and about a million texts from Ashton. I don't have the capability to text him back right now so I instead select the call button and wait for him to answer while I down two Advil and half the Gatorade I'd left myself on the nightstand.

"Well, hello best friend." He says sarcastically and  far too loud for the ringing in my head.

"Inside voice mate." I mutter, my voice sounding extra raspy this morning.

"You fucking blew me off last night." He pouts.

"Are you jealous?" I laugh.

"Little bit." He says childishly and I laugh once more.

"Dude she's so great. So great, and the sex! Holy shit."

"Ew, stop. No." He says cutting me off. "Glad it worked out for you even though I pretty much fell down on the job. I get so damn mopey when I drink these days." He says somberly.

"No worries, mate. I still plan to keep my end of the deal. I'll call Kay once my head stops pounding. I'm gonna get up and get a shower and some room service and sleep off most of the day."

"I might hit the pool later if you're down."

"Text me and I'll let you know." I tell him before ending the call and slumping back into the mattress.

I close my eyes and bits and blurs of last night fill my mind. Sage's body pressed against me. The way she felt as we moved together.

Fuck.

This girl will be the death of me.

She's older than me, which I worried about but, it didn't seem to phase her when she was screaming my name last night.

I break myself from my thoughts of her and what I'd like to do to her the next time I get the chance when I feel myself becoming hard, the fabric of my boxers tightening around my cock.

I force myself up and out of bed heading for the shower after placing a quick order through room service and sending a text to Sage, asking if she is interested in joining me for breakfast in bed.

It feels so weird to not have a show tonight for the third night in a row. As much as I've loved the rest I'm ready to get back to playing shows.

I try not to let my ego be too affected when I exit the shower to find Sage hasn't replied to me. She's probably still asleep, she passed out on the ride home and I had gotten her into her own room and bed before heading for my own.

"If she doesn't reply to me by one I'll go by her room to check on her." I tell myself. It's only noon now, a perfectly reasonable time to wake up after a late night.

A knock on my door signals the arrival of my room service and I answer the door, greeting and tipping the waiter before uncovering my selections and digging in.

My phone vibrates and I grin at it excitedly when I see Sage's name on the screen.

Hey, just waking up. Guess I missed breakfast, sorry!

I frown and feel my spirits dip slightly at the thought of not getting to see her, I had been hopeful for more time together today.

No worries! Hope you slept well. Let me know if you want to do something later.

I bite my lip as I hit send hoping it's not too forward. I don't want to scare her off but fuck, I can't get last night out of my head. She's so intriguing. Every time I learn something about her I want to know more. Every time I find the answer to one question she leaves me asking two new ones.