Skylight Academy- Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Alice jumped onto the already crowded bed enthusiastically. "He can sleep in mine!" Did I mention she was bi-polar?

"Okay, Alice think this through. He has fangs. He bites. He eats people-"

"He can eat me!" Ryan suddenly yelled and wrapped his arm around Alice, pulling her closer against him.

"No! This is not happening! He needs to go. Now!" Just as I said that a knock sounded at the door.

"Oh, Shit!" Alice sprung up.

"Could this get any worse?" I whispered furiously.

Kate, being buzzed, only started laughing until she fell down against the bed.

"Hide him." I ordered throwing my hands toward the vampire.

"I'm trying. He's kinda heavy, ya know?" Kate yanked on his arm, but just as the brunette said that, Ryan sprung up and whisper-yelled that he'd hide by himself, like a big boy.

And he dove into the closet- my closet. FML, I thought while smoothing out my tank and walking toward the door. I peeked back at the girls once more and pulled the oak door open.

Standing there was no other then the Sunlight Dorm supervisor. "Is everything okay in here? I heard yelling? And something about nails and, well..." She trailed off, instead deciding to wait for an answer.

"Uh, yeah, sorry we spilled nail-polish," I lied, thinking quickly. "We'll be more quiet. I promise."

"Well, let me remind you that it Is curfew."

"Yup, thank you. Sorry 'bout the disturbance." I said innocently. Once the door closed I let out the breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

Ryan tumbled out of the closet. "Sheesh, It's all fuzzy and girly in there. BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND!"

He exclaimed, whirling my pink smiley-face bra around one finger.

Needless to say, I hit him.

Hard.

***

I sat next to Alice in the last class of the day, in our Connected-Histories class. I was staring vacantly out the window. This was one of the few classes that all species of the houses shared.

There were actually three different houses. The Moonlight house, the Starlight house, and the Sunlight house; they belonged in the latter. The whole school was called Skylight Academy. It was a boarding school that brought together Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches, none of which generally got along. Unless your a outer-species banger, or just strange like that. Which, what with the new philosophies being drilled into parents' brains by figures of authority and teachers, a lot of people were only getting stranger. Many students were not fooled.

In this class, they learned about how all of their ancestors were connected and whatnot. Very bloody. The teacher was called Ms. Nallay, she was a witch, and the best part was that she didn't assign seats. Most teachers at the school were witches, since vampires didn't generally lean towards learning so much as luring the poor, clueless humans daily into traps so they could FEAST UPON THEIR BLOOD. Ahem... The school had donors, but they weren't half as good as the real thing, apparently. As long as a vampire attended the school, they weren't allowed to bring a human onto campus. The only humans allowed were the donors, and parents who were human. Vampires didn't have parents though, and if they did, it was under very special circumstances; there were only four vampire students in the school like this.

    "Alix, I really am sorry about last night. I tried to talk her out of it, but-" Alice began again.

"Alice, it's fine. No blood no fowl, right?" I choked on a laugh. Then I felt it. Like a Zing of electricity jolt through my body. My head automatically turned to the door way. I locked gazes with a set of ice blue eyes. And my gaze dropped from his eyes to focus on his perfect lips- that suddenly morphed into a crooked, knowing, smirk. I turned quickly in my seat to look back to the front of the room to try-and fail- at calming my suddenly rapid breathing. What was wrong with me? Jesus! Was I having a panic attack?