06 • Leo Needs an Alias [Part 01]

"And that's about it, really..." ends Leo as he gives a quick summary of what had happened to him in the past year.

"Bloody hell," the twins whisper to themselves, unaware they had said it at the same time and tone. Though, it wasn't unusual; they still weren't conscious about it, giving Leo the impression that twins really have their own power.

Leo, on the other hand, has no idea how he managed to say everything in a few minutes. They haven't even reached the castle of Hogwarts, and yet, he still finished his story. Then again, his hyperactivity is worse than anyone he knows—even Percy.

"That's a lot of information to take in," George comments thoughtfully.

"Now, I'm not that surprised the centaurs love you. I mean, they hate everyone but bloody hell, do they love you," Fred adds in bewilderment.

"Love me?" Leo scoffs. "They just gave me another prophecy. If they really loved me, they would tell me, 'Ah, yes, you'll have a peaceful year ahead of you,' and not 'Hey, kiddo, here's another adventure with a fifty percent chance of death. Good luck out there!' you know?"

"I don't know what to feel with how casually accepting you are about a prophecy made about you," George admits.

"I'm a demigod. These things happen a lot. I'm upset but not surprised."

Fred whistles. "I can't believe we are talking to an actual demigod."

Leo rubs the back of his neck. "Technically, you, guys, have godly blood in you, too. Sure, it's probably eons ago or something, but the fact that you have magic makes you a descendant."

Fred dismisses his words with a wave of his hand. "It's not as bloody awesome as being a direct child of a deity."

Leo chuckles, embarrassed. "It's not that great."

"Don't be so humble, mate," George scolds. "Where was the kid who said he loves looking at the mirror?"

Leo barks out a laughter. The twins share a look of confusion. "Sorry, sorry, you must have mistaken me for Narcissus, and trust me, that guy seriously loves his freaking reflection."

"Oh yeah, I read about him somewhere," George utters to himself.

"Dude, I met Narcissus. I'm telling you: it's worse than you think."

"What?!"

Leo blinks a few moments. "Er, a story for another time, I guess. Sorry, weird things happen a lot around me that I forget what I could sound like to those who aren't used to... my reality."

"Mate, you've got to stop apologising."

"Sorry."

An amused glance.

An embarrassed flush.

"Anyway," Leo cuts the silence, "last apology, I promise, but I'm really sorry I didn't tell you, guys, about me earlier. I even dragged you into the mess with the centaurs."

The twins shake their heads, stopping their walk to look at the little demigod.

"Mate, seeing the centaurs treat someone like that is one of the most memorable experiences in our trek at the Forbidden Forest," Fred reassures him with a pat on Leo's shoulder.

"Plus, we understand why you'd keep this a secret. I mean, people will think you're bonkers," George

"Bonkers?" Leo asks the unfamiliar slang.

"Yeah, you know, looney in the head."

"Loose screw in the head."

"Crazy like a box of cats."