Chapter 11- Memories

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Answer it!" I said turning round to get in the lift, just before the doors closed I pointed to him "We're having a movie night tonight Calvin. So I expect you in the lounge by 8 o clock. Sharp." He nodded and smirked as the doors shut.

Stepping out into the first floor, I looked around to see the walls were made completely of glass and gave an amazing view of the ocean on both sides. I realised that it must be at the back of the house, because I could clearly see each way down the beach. Stepping down the glass corridor, I came to stop at the first door on my right, and walked inside. There was a huge screen at the front of the room and the rest was filled with comfy looking red cinema chairs. I whistled to myself as I took in the space, and then made my way further down the corridor to a door on my left.

As soon as I stepped inside I felt heat radiating from everywhere and looked around to see a small changing space that lead out into a full-blown spa. The room was decorated with wood panels as walls and a marble floor that was hot against my bare feet.

I'll come back later, I thought and carried on down the corridor to another room. It was lit softly with a huge snooker table in the middle, no prizes for guessing what that room was for. I carried on and made my way to the next room, it had tiles down the walls and a huge glass wall that looked out onto the ocean just like every other room I had been in. The swimming pool glistened softly and was lit up under water as well to make it even prettier.

The next room was full of games like table football, darts and play stations, I wasn't that interested in it to be honest. I walked out and made my way to the final room of the corridor, I hesitated a second before gently pushing the door open and stepping in silently. It wasn't Lilly's room like I expected, but a huge music room.

The walls were also made of glass, but this room just felt different. It felt like no-one had been in here for years. In the centre of the room was a white grand piano, light from the glass walls flooded onto it and was reflected in every direction. All around the room were all the instruments you could imagine with their various equipment.

"Lilly has everything" I muttered under my breath as I took a seat on the grand piano and lifted the dusty lid of it. Running my fingers across the keys, I sighed heavily. I had played the piano for 8 years, in fact, I had played most of the instruments in the room for 8 years. Until I stopped. Until music became a harbour for bas memories. Memories came flooding back to me as I sat on the comfy stool, replaying the images in my head from Christmas three years ago.

*Flashback*

"Ok, it may not be good, I've only been practising it for a couple of days!" I chirped excitedly, swinging my legs off the piano stool and beaming at my parents and Calvin.

"Just get on with it Brooke, we don't have all day" Mum snapped at me, her eyes still fixed to her phone as she sat on the sofa next to the huge Christmas tree.

"Ok" I muttered quickly, not wanting to get in trouble

"Take your time Brooke, we can wait" Calvin re-assured me quickly, giving me a smile

"No, actually we can't!" Dad raised his voice "Get on with it Brooke, you made us miss our Christmas lunch for this, so it better be good" He glared at me

"Sorry, sorry, ok" I took a deep breath.

My fingers moved swiftly up and down the piano keys as I focused on remembering all the notes I had composed in my head, both my hands were playing so fast I could barely see them. The lullaby suddenly slowed down into various chords that stretched my hands so hard they hurt, but I carried on playing, my piece moved smoothly into another fast section and again my fingers were moving to fast for my brain to acknowledge. As the piece ended I slowed down and landed on a final note, that lingered in the air for a couple of seconds before dying off.