Recovery

North Korea's POV:

It's been a few weeks since we started going back to school. I didn't have any nightmares anymore thanks to China who was like my personal Therapist. Now I'm not scared of loosing South or someone abandoning me and that took a while for me. China and South would always comfort me whenever I had a breakdown. They would hug me and reassure me that everything is ok. I need a way or gift to thank them for everything they did to me.

I also noticed that people treat me differently now and in a good way. People are actually approaching me and say how I'm like a hero and they think I'm cool. I didn't know how to react so I just said awkward thanks. The people also don't give me nasty glances anymore and they aren't as afraid. Hongkong is one of the few countries that were able to befriend me. I feel overwhelmed with so much positivity, and it makes me feel welcome for the first time. I started to smile more at school and everyone greets me. Also spending time with my brother and his friends and my friends all together is fun. Why didn't we do this before?

My leg has fully healed and I was happy. Everything is going well, but can that last forever? Probably not but I should enjoy this while it last.

Right now school has ended and China, Martial, and I were at my locker. I was opening it while China and Martial chatted. When I opened my locker a pink letter fell. China and Martial stopped talking. I picked up the letter. That's odd.

The letter had my name on it with a heart in pen. I open the letter.

(Letter)

Dear North Korea

I just want to say that you are an amazing country! I can't believe that you risked your life for others. I always wonder if you were good on the inside but now you prove to me you are good! I would like to see you at the park next to the pond at 5pm today! I just want to confess my feelings to you

♥️

I was confused who wrote this. "What does it say?" China and Martial said in unison. I gave it to them and they read it. Martial looked shocked and China's face looked a little panicked. "Who could have written the letter?" China asked a little quieter than usual and I thought I heard a bit of sadness in her voice but it could be my imagination. "I don't know," I answered truthfully. "Are you going to see them?" China asked looking away. "Yeah, I want to know who wrote this," I answered China's question.

She just nodded and looked down. I was worried she looked sad? "Hey China are you ok?," I asked worriedly. China looked up at me with a smile that looked a bit forced. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine," she said trying to reassure me. I was still not convinced she was ok but didn't pushed her on. Martial gave me a look before patting China's shoulder.

Before any of us said anything South came over and I said bye to them before leaving with my brother. China waved bye with that forced smile and Martial just gave me that weird look again. He was looking at me then at China. I was confused on what he was doing but I already left.

Martial Law's POV:

I can't believe that someone just wrote a love letter to North. I was upset that North was actually going. I looked at China, once they left she let her smile drop and she was frowning. "Why didn't you just confessed to him right there," I asked the smaller country. She sighed, "I just felt to nervous and when he decided to actually meet this country I felt to sad to say anything." I hugged China which she gladly accept.