Afraid

North Korea's POV:

I was at home. Everything seems ok but it's quiet, too quiet. I don't like this quiet. I felt anxiety and sadness all of a sudden. I noticed what was wrong, South isn't here. I hurriedly tried looking for my brother. My anxiety is rising. I noticed a note. I read it.

Note:

I'm sorry North Korea but I don't like or care about you anymore. I left before you could stop me. I'm sorry it had to be this way.

South Korea

I felt tears in my eyes. No, no, no, no! This can't be happening, I don't want to be abandoned. I let out a cry of despair. My vision started to see blackness. I started to panic and soon all I saw was black surrounding me. My anxiety is rising more as my body trembles and big fat tears travel down my face. My breathing was irregular.

I soon heard voices saying "monster. Unloved. Worthless. Pathetic. Unneeded. Hated." I covered my ears. My body started shaking violently. "N-no! Stop!!" I yelled out. More tears fell down. Then I saw a figure shaping. I noticed that it turned into Jamaica. "Nobody likes you" he said. "It's not true!!!" I yelled out. Jamaica shifted and changed. His green, yellow and black colors turned into white, blue, and red. I gasped once the figure turned to South Korea. His expression was angry and disappointed. His gaze burned my skin and made me shake even more. "I don't care about you! I hate you! I wish you would die," South spat with venom. I cried out, "n-no South please! Don't l-leave me! Please I beg you!"

South disappeared and the voices started coming back again chanting those horrible things. But this time I heard my brother's voice with them. "Monster. Unloved. Worthless. Pathetic. Weak. Useless. Disgrace." Words chanted more and more, South Korea's voice being the loudest of them all. I curled up into a ball, putting my hands on the side of my head to try and block out their comments. It was no use. I started sobbing louder and started shaking more. Please stop, no more please, I'm sorry....

I woke up by someone shaking me awake. I was in a state of panic and didn't remember where I am. I turned to see who shook me awake to see a very worried South Korea. I hugged him quickly and cried. I then heard someone quickly opening the door and rushing to where I was. I was sobbing loudly and was shaking violently. I then felt something pinch in my left arm. I felt something warm in my stomach and it started spreading to rest of my body. I started to calm down rather quickly after that.

My sobbing turned into sniffles. "That should calm him down for a bit," I heard the doctor say. I heard the doctor walking around us and heard him taking some notes. South Korea had his arms wrapped around me and I took comfort in that. The doctor started to walk away but before he left he said, "if he freaks out again please come and get me or one of the nurses." I felt South nodding. The doctor then finally left.

I felt South rubbing my back. "You made me worried North. You were crying, and shaking a lot while you slept," South said quietly. I felt shame in making South worried about me. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" I got some deja vu when he said that (I don't know how to spell it RIP). I hugged him tighter as I told him about my nightmare. The quiet house, the note, the stuff the voices told, Jamaica telling stuff, and I broke down when I told South what he said.

South Korea was quietly listening to me. When I broke down again he just hugged me tightly but not enough to hurt my beaten up body. I was crying on his shoulder when I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Don't worry brother I will never abandon you, I promise to be by your side," South whispered.

I finally calmed down and sat back in my bed but was holding South's hand. I was afraid that he'll leave me if I let go. It was quiet. I looked at my brother and was shock to see my brother's condition. He had dark circles under his worried purple eyes, he had dry tear stains on his cheeks, his body looks skinnier, and he looked very tired. How haven't I noticed this before!??

"S-South?" I asked hesitantly. "Yes North," he responded. I took a deep breath before saying, "South you don't look well you should go home and get rested." I don't want him to leave but his health is more important to me right now. "North you worry to much about me, you should concentrate on worrying about yourself. I mean you are the one in the hospital and I should be the one worried about your health," South stated. I sighed. "That may be true but you need to take care of yourself as well, or then I wouldn't forgive myself if you become ill for taking care of me," I said with it's for the best voice.

South looks like he was thinking about it. He finally sighed out a, "fine, but would you be ok?" I looked away. I didn't want him to go but his health is more important. I quickly nodded. "I just don't want to leave you alon-" before South could finish his sentence the door opened to reveal China and Martial Law.

"It's good to see you are doing better North," Martial said with a small smile although his eyes looked a little worried. I smiled at them. "I'm happy you guys came to visit me," I said in a grateful voice. I honestly didn't believe that anyone would visit me if I were rescued.

"Well you are our friend," China said as she sat on a chair next to South and Martial sat on the other side of South. I smiled at them. I then looked at South and said, "South go get rested back home, I'll be fine." South sighed before getting up and started to leave making me let go of his hand. Before he left he said, "I'll come back tomorrow North, bye guys." I felt anxiety but force a smile and waved bye while Martial and China said goodbye to my brother.

Once he left I frowned. I looked down and I already miss him. "North are you ok?" China worriedly asked me. I nodded slowly. "You are scare of loosing South aren't you?" Martial asked. I froze a little how did he know. Martial didn't need to hear my answer to know. "I feel the same way with my brother Philip, but we need to learn that it will be fine if they are not under our gaze all the time," he said. I said a small, "thank you."

We started chatting about random stuff. Martial said some jokes about nukes that made me laugh for the first time since I got kidnapped. We were talking until Martial checked the time. "Oh no. I have to leave guys. I really wish I could stay longer," Martial said before getting up, saying goodbye and leaving China and I.

I felt a sudden worry when Martial left. I felt myself start to shake and felt tears wanting to escape but I blinked them away. "North are you ok?" China asked me as she looked at me worriedly. I hugged myself before sadly whispering, "please don't leave me alone." China hugged me carefully before responding, "I won't don't worry. I'll stay here until South returns ok." She lets go of the hug.

I yawn a little since it was pretty late according to the starry sky that can be seen from the window. "You should sleep, you look very tired," China said. I looked down and played with my hands a little. "C-can you hold m-my hand," I quietly whispered. I was embarrassed but wanted some type of reassurance. There was silence for while. I thought that maybe China didn't heard me. That's when I felt her grab my hand. I was surprised at first but quickly smiled. I looked at China to see her looking away and covering her face with her unoccupied hand. She had a blush on her face and I don't know why. I felt more at ease now and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Another finished chapter yay!
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Word count: 1453