Chapter 10 ~ Haunting from the past

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey there... Finally posted the next chapter . If you guys are really reading my story , please do leave your comments or message me ..anything at all xD xoxo

*******************************************************************************

Stepping out of the Volvo , I felt like a  princess with Joe right next to me. We walked hand in hand , smiling at all the lovely familiar faces. I was pretty sure half of the town had assembled.

"Wow! My friend looks amazing," I squealed at Ash. 

"Happy Birthday," Joe gave her a warm hug.

"Go to my room guys. I'll call you when its time for the cake," she smiled and with that she was off on her way. It was too crowded and I could barely breathe. I grabbed Joe's hand and dragged him upstairs.

"Hey!!!," everyone greeted as we entered.

"Hello," Joe waved.

"Well , won't you look at the new pretty couple," It was Derek ofcourse. He loved to see those cheeks of mine turn red.

Everyone giggled as I sat on a small stool. "Idiot," I glared at Derek who pretended to get struck by  lightning.

"I wonder how you fell for Amy," Derek looked at Joe and shook his head.

"Umm... I don't know bro, she is amazing," Joe's answer gave me a tingling sensation.  And I knew I should get used to it.

"Lie of the year," As Derek said those words , he burst open the door and I ran after him like a lion chasing a mouse and I almost bumped into Ash who was by the room door.

"You're gonna ruin your dress dear," she called after me.

But once we reached the living room, my pace automatically slowed down for there was a big chocolate cake right in the middle of the hall.

"I'm not gonna leave you," I mouthed at Derek who was making silly faces. I punched him playfully and went and stood next to Ash.

"All right everybody," Ash's dad spoke, siliencing the crowd. 

"I'm so proud of my litlle girl. I can't believe she is turning 20. Ashley , make a wish,"

Ash bent over the cake and blew out the candles as the whole crowd joined in singing "Happy Birthday"

"Happy B'day , girl," I whispered in her ear one more time.

The cake was served and everyone was having a lovely time. Having finished my cake , I walked over to Damon who was seated in a table all by himself.

"I thought you were bringing Rose with you,"I said as I sat across him. 

"No , she had to go to her grandmother's," I could say he was disappointed.

"So I though you'd be with Joe," 

"I was. He is playing pool with the others," I replied.

"You know what , I'm gonna take a walk outside," I got up and left.

Damon was always cringy when Rose was away. The entire place was filled with laughter , cheers and even more gossip. I stepped out onto the lawn in front of the house. With fresh green grass under my feet , I crossed my arms across my chest and looked up at the starry sky. It seemed just like yesterday I had been struggling to get out of the ruins of my last love. Me meeting Joe , falling in love with him , all of this had happened so fast. And to just even think about it , I felt like it couldn't have been more perfect. And above all , I wanted it to stay the same forever. Will it??

"Guess who?," the voice freaked me out , shaking me out of my thoughts.  

Two hands covered my eyes as I placed mine over the unknown person's hand trying to remove them  but they were strong. The touch felt so familiar and the voice even more familiar which only made me worry.

"I don't know," I said , nervous. How much I wished it was Joe but I knew it wasn't him.

"Oh , How can you forget me Amy pie?,"  

Only one person called me that . I forced his hands off me and turned to face him.

"Dean," I was horrified.

"Surprised eh," he stood there, ever casually.

"What do you want,"  I spoke like spitting out venom.

"Nothing , babe. Just felt like saing 'Hello'," he replied , fiddling with my side bangs.

I pushed his hand  away," I don't feel like it,"

I grumbled under my breath walking fast. 

"I heard you're with that popstar dude," he said after me.

I stopped abruptly on my track and turned around ," I'm glad you did,"

"How does it feel Am? Do you think of me when you're with him?," he looked at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Shut up already, I have no reason to think of you,"  I cried out loud and resumed my walking when suddenly I felt a firm grip around my waist.

"Let me go Dean," I yelled but my voice was too weak.

"Not so soon, babe I wanna have some fun tonight," he winked at me. I struggled so hard and eventually tears started roliing down my cheeks.

"Whoa! What the hell is going on here?," Joe came running towards me and eventually Dean loosened his grip.

"I hate you," I looked at Dean's deathly face.

"I don't think its good for exes like you to meet," Joe spoke.

"Whatever," Dean turned and walked away. Man! Was I relieved!

"Are you okay?,"  Joe put his finger under my chin and lifted it.

"I am now," I smiled faintly and leaned on his shoulder.