Chapter 15~ Going to L.A

Author's Note: Phewww!!!! Long time since I updated. (Exams got in the way :/) But I'm back now with the next chapter. Forgive me if you think this chapter is short. But I promise the next one will be huge and with little surprises;) Hope you like it. Don't forget to vote/comment/fan <3 xoxo

********************************************************************************************

A week had passed by as I waited for an answer , for an explanation. But still nothing happened. Every single waking minute that I spent , I was hoping for Joe to call me or send a message and tell me how much he loved me but none of that happened. Even all the social websites talked about Joe and his 'fiance'. The articles talked about how happy Joe was with his new girl Amanda and about their future dreams. It hurt me. Why wouldn't Joe realise that whatever he was doing was killing me? I didn't know who to believe or what to believe. I didn't know the truth. Was Joe really engaged to Amanda? Maybe he just didn't have the courage to break up with me ? What if he had decided to let it go unsaid? Or was all of that just for the sake of the media ? Can't someone just answer to all of my questions?

The doorbell rang..

I stood up unwillingly , walked forward and turned the door knob. 

"Look at you!!," Derek exclaimed.

"I know how I look," I gave a lame reply as he walked in past me.

"Honestly, did you even get any sleep?," he asked , examining my eyes which I assuemed were red for I couldn't remember the time when I actually closed my eyes except when I cried.

"Uh.. I don't know," I replied bluntly.

"You know what ! This is it! I just can't stand watching you suffer,". His face turned serious.

"Derek, there is nothing you can do," I blinked my eyes a few times and sat on the couch. My eyes did pain.

"No , I'm gonna take you to L.A and we're gonna meet Joe and settle this then and there," 

I looked at him , puzzled. Was he being serious ? All the way to L.A? 

The way he looked at me with his hands on his hips assured me that he was not joking.

"You serious?," I asked.

"Yes, I am. You are my best friend. I'm gonna be with you through it all,"

I thanked God for my lovely friends and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you," I smlied.

'Alright then , go pack your bags. I'll call you tonight and update you,"

"But what if Damon doesn't approve?,"

"I'll take care of him," Derek smiled promisingly and walked away.

I actually felt better than before. Finally I would be able to get an answer. Even if the answer turned out to be heartbreaking , I would still be satisfied that what we had didn't end without me knowing the reason. I sighed to myself and headed upstairs. I was in no mood for packing. I opened my closet and randomly picked my clothes and shoved them in my suitcase.Yup! That was all the packing I needed to do.

Later that night...

Damon was seated at the dining table reading a magazine while he sipped his orange juice.

 I slowly walked in and took a seat across him. He lifted his eyes from the magazine and looked at me.

"Is it something about Joe?", I asked , hoping not.

"No,no Just the sports column," he smiled..

"So , Derek told me that you're gonna go to L.A," he said, breaking the awkward silence that began.

"Uh..yes," I answered , afraid he was going to disapprove. After all, he was my brother.

"But do you really want to do this? I mean, putting yourself through all of this just for one person?,"

I looked at him , astonished.

"Yes," I replied bluntly. "Wouldn't you do it if it were Rose?,"

He nodded his head , not being able to look me in the eyes.

"I just don't want you to get hurt in the process," his brotherly concern was too strong then.

"Whether I go to L.A or not, me feeling hurt won't change," I sighed.

"I have no intention of stating 'I told you so' but I did tell you to be careful with boys who are popstars,"

"Can you just stop giving me crap about popstars? For the millionth time, all popstars are not the same and Joe is definitely not like that," the words came out a little too harsh than I had intended. I mumbled a sorry and left. But most of all I was happy that Damon didn't stand in the way of me going to L.A. He can get bossy sometimes.

I was out in the backyard and I started to wonder what would happen when I met Joe. What if he avoided me? Or would he have me running into his arms and telling me that I was always his only one. Thoughts clogged up my mind. I wanted to distract myself for a while. So, I sat in our backyard swing and opened the "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks and began reading and prepared to get lost in the other world.