Chapter 14~Love Is Complicated

"Cause I could go across the world

And see everything and never be satisfied

If I couldn't see those eyes."

The morning light hit my face as I opened my eyes. Something was not right, for I had a bad feeling.

"Wakey, wake, sis!," Damon walked and I unwillingy sat up and blinked my eyes a few times.

"Why so early? Ughhh," I moaned.

"Don't tell me you forgot that your boyfriend is leaving today,"

That was when it hit me like a hard rock. I did forget.

"Well, its not something good for me to remember," I mummbled with a tone of desperation.

"I know you're upset. But there is nothing you can do Am. The guy is a popstar. He can't live his life here," Damon sat next to me.

"I know that. And distance is not going to be a problem for us," I said, assuring myself.

"If you're confident, I'm glad. Now get ready, don't you wanna get early to the airport so that you'll have more time to talk to him?," Damon got up and left closing the door behind him.

I sat there for a few minutes, letting the fact that my Joe was leaving town, before I got up. Being without him was definitely the hardest thing to do. I knew love came with complications but this was just too much for me to bear.

Minutes later...

I threw on a pair of my navy blue jeans and a pink shirt and slipped into my 5 inch wedges. I opened my table draw and took out the chain I had bought for him. It had a cute heart shaped locket which when opened showed the letter A. I wanted to get Joe something so that he would always be reminded of me even when I was not near him.

"Let's get going. Ash is here," Damon called.

I carefully put the chain in my pocket and headed downstairs to the car. I had no idea how I was going to face the goodbye.

___________________________

As soon as i entered the airport, I spotted four boys standing in a circle. One head lifted up and as soon as he saw me, he half ran towards me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Joe," I sniffed. No, I just cannot start crying. Not now.

"Baby, how are you doing,?" He lifted my chin up.

"I'm okay," I smiled.

Ash was involved in a deep conversation with Nick and Damon was helping Kevin with the luggage.

"Why don't we go grab a cup of coffee? I still some time before the flight, " Joe said and took me by the hand and started walking.

He returned holding two cups of coffee and handed me one as we sat across a table. I took a sip. The hot coffee warmed me up a bit.

"Do you think it'll work?," I blurted out.

"What will work?," he asked, puzzled.

"Us," I said as he looked at me as if I had said some kind of a scientific term.

"I mean, you're a popstar. You meet hundreds of girls everyday in your life. And with the distance between us, I , honestly don't think we could stand a chance," The thoughts that were bugging me just flew out of my mouth.

His face was calm and he sipped his coffee , set it back on the table and looked at me.

"Yes, I am a popstar, a cute one actually," he winked and it made me giggle.

"I do meet hundreds of girls everyday in my life but it won't mean a thing because those girls are not you. As for the distance, I don't see it as a problem. We'll be in touch. That's why there are things like phones , skype and etc,"

I nodded my head like a toddler.

"I'm so sorry for taking out on you like that. It's just so hard for me,"

"No, it's fine. I understand," He gave me a warm smile.

"Know that, you are my everything," he held my hand from across the table as I smiled , controlling my tears.

"Time to go," It was Kevin , signalling Joe.

I sighed as I stood up and threw the empty coffee cup in the trash can nearby. After all , I had to prepare myself for the distance. I knew it would be tough.

It was time to say our goodbyes. I mean, ofcourse , they would visit us again but not in the near future.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said as Kevin wrapped me in a warm hug.

"Me too. Take good care of yourself," he said.

"Can't believe our vacation is over," Nick pecked me on the cheek.

"Me neither," I honestly wished it hadn't.

We exchanged hugs and sweet good byes and take cares. Too bad I didn't bring a box of tissues with me. I needed it badly.

I took the chain out from my pocket and handed it to him," I want you to have this so that you'll always be reminded of me,"

"You know , even without this , I'd always be thinking of you,"

Joe came closer to me and put his lips on mine while I held on to his neck. I wasn't going to feel that kiss often after he left. And at that thought , a tiny tear drop slipped away from my eye and rolled down my cheek. He pulled back , and looked me in the eye. God! , those hazel eyes. I would surely miss them. He wiped the tear off my face and said,

"Love is always filled with complications but we'll overcome them,"

I nodded and he hugged me once more for the last time before he left for L.A

*************************************************************************************

"I'm having Ash over," I told Damon as I entered the kitchen.

He was reading some dumb magazine as he looked up.

"Sure , as long as you're happy," he smiled. I took a seat across him and rested my elbows on the kitchen table.

"You sure you're gonna be okay?," he sighed and put his magazine down.

"Yes. We're not the only ones who are in a long distance relationship and unlike others we're gonna make this work," I replied confidently.

"I'm happy if you're happy," he smiled. "Anyway , I promised I'd stay at Rose's tonight, so you and Ash will be fine?,"

"Infact, we'd be more than fine," I winked.

A few hours later....

Ashley walked into my bedroom making me startle.

"Sorry," she said as I shook my head and smiled.

"What is that you're holding there?," she sat next to me on the bed.

"Photos we took when we went to the carnival," I replied with a distant look in my face.

"You already miss him , don't you?," she hit my shoulder playfully.

"Yeah," I said.

"But now , you're gonna forget all about that and we're gonna watch an amazing movie," She convinced me.

"That sounds amazing," I grinned.

I knew I would always miss Joe but deep down in my heart I knew that we'll always be together...