Chapter 13 ~New Romance ?

AUTHOR'S NOTE : Hello!!!! First of all , super sorry for the delay {Exams:( }and next , thanks to all the lovely people who read my story. It means a lot to me.  Here is the next chapter=D This is kinda  like a bonus chapter. So read , have fun and oh don't forget to tell me how it was. That's what keeps me going <3

__________________________________________________________

"Guys," Ashley came running, her gold stilletos against the floorboard, into my room where we were seated. The huge smile on her face told me she was upto something.

"What is it?," Kevin asked , casually.

"I just got free tickets to a Nicholas Sparks movie by winning a contest,"she exclaimed, waving the tickets in her hand.

"But there are only two," Joe said with a sarcastic sad tone, as I giggled.

"Yeah, blame the agency which conducted the contest," she sat next to me on the bed.

"It's tonight and one of you has to come with me," she spoke , determined.

"I can't. Joe and I have plans tonight," I said , pecking Joe's unshaved cheek. That was the last night Joe and would be spending together because the next day he was leaving for home. Just the thought of it brought tears to my eyes.

"Don't look at me," Kevin was Ash's next target. " I have a game on TV tonight,"

Ash put on her best puppy face and looked at Nick ," Will you go with me?,"

Nick smiled, a sweet, genuine smile.

"I'd love to," he replied , his tone stable , his face calm.

"Yipppeee," Ash jumped uo and down as we all laughed.

Something told me Ash and Nick were going to discover more during their movie that night.

*************************************************************************

ASH'S POV:

"Have fun , girl"

I smiled to myself as I read Amy's text. Seated in the passenger seat next to Nick , I felt a bit different in a good way. He was a good driver , I thought to myself as he turned right and pulled into an empty parking space.

We got out of the car and headed inside. "I want popcorn," I blurted out, looking at popcorn stall. The smell of fresh and hot popcorn got me good.

"Wait here," He smiled and waslked away. About two minutes ater , I saw Nick walking back to me with popcorn in his hand.

"They had only one. Looks like we're gonna have to share," he said.

"I don't mind," I smiled and grabbed his arm and we took our places in the queue.

The big , fat guy who stood in front of us strtched his hand as Nick gave him the tickets and he led us in. It was quite dark inside and I clung on to Nick's arm as he led the way to our seats. I setlled down and noticed a bald guy clad in red seated to my right. I awkwardly smiled at him when his eyes met mine and urned to look at Nick. The few lights around us began to dim as the screen in front of us became bright.

A few minutes after the movie had started , I found us both waiting for our chances to grab the popcorn from inside the cup. I could say Nick was being extra careful in avoiding contact with my hand.

To be  honest , I loved romantic movies but I couldn't let myself watch it with Nick next to me so close. Suddenly , I heard Nick laugh , a sweet giggle. His face defined perfection.

Finally it was time for the intermission. The place was noisier than before with people getting up to leave while others shuffled in their seats. I watched Nick as he stood up and removed his blazer , revelaing a white V-neck shirt underneath, and placed it on his seat.

"I'll be back in a minute," he said and left.

I felt kind of sleepy , so I closed my eyes and tried to rest. Suddenly , I heard a buzzing sound. I realized it was Nick's. I knew it was wrong to invade others' privacy but you know you can't help it when curiosity hits you. I picked up hid phone from inside the blazer pocket and slid my finger across the screen. The phone unlocked revelaing a new message. It was from Kevin.

"Hey bro, havin' fun with your new girlfriend? ;)" 

My heart skipped a beat when I read that word. I scrolled upwards to see the previous messages , carrying a tingling feel in my heart.

Kevin:  Movie with Ash eh? Sounds great.

Nick:  It's just a movie , Kev.

"Kevin:  So what? you really do like her, don't you?

Nick:  Uhh.. I do 

Kevin:  I knew it!.

I put his phone back in its place. Nick liked me ??? I was on top of the world. I couldn't believe taht it was really happening. But , why wouldn't he tell me ? Maybe he was too shy? 

I spotted Nick making his way back to the seat. I smiled sheepishly at him. 

"You seem happy," he stated , sitting.

"I do , actually," I smiled even wider.

How do I get him to tell me that he likes me ??.....

AFTER THE MOVIE...

"I really had fun," Nick spoke. We were in the parking lot next to his car and it was drizzling heavily.

"Me too," I replied. Was he ever going to say anything? I couldn't just simply ask him. I was about to walk to the other side of the car but then,

"Ashley?," he called.

"Yes," I turned around , with so much hope filled in my eyes. There was just too much anticipation.

"I...I.." he beagn . I looked at him with expectant eyes , my lips parted as if I would say it before he could. 

It all happened to fast. I saw Nick taking steps towards me. When his face was just a few inches apart from mine , he pulled me to him and planted his lips on mine , as I kissed him back. I smiled as the rain started to pour heavily....