Chapter 6~ Bad Memories

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Here's Chapter 6 !!! :D  I promise I'll try and upload faster. Its just that something or the other keeps stopping me from writing !! Hopefully that won't happen again .....

So now on with the story :D 

************************************************************************************************************

Nick , Kev ,Ash and Derek decided to go home after the carnival since they were really tired but for me and Joe , that night wasn't just about to end.

*********************************************************************************************************

Joe and I walked into the restaurant. It was not huge or anything . It was indeed very average for a popstar. Joe kept walking and it was quite obvious that he was gonna occupy the last table at the end and so I followed suit. When we were crossing a table which held four to five girls I could hear whispers.

"OMJ! Was that Joe Jonas who walked right past me ?,"

"Who is that girl? Are they dating?,"

"Where is Nick and Kevin?,"

I felt quite uneasy and walked with my head down. Finally we both took our seats across eachother at the table.

"You're quite popular you know," I looked at Joe helping myself to a glass of water.

"Oh! Am I ? I didn't know," Joe answered playfully.

I gave him a "come on" look and we both giggled. Soon after , a waitress approached our table with a notepad in her hand. But she didn't freak out when she saw Joe. That was because this was a small town , people barely knew all the Hollywood popstars and that was why the boys  had decided to spend their vacation here. Joe was intently looking into the menu while the waitress waited as I slowly let my eyes wander. I was looking at people , things , and at the beautiful photo frames that  hung on the wall and suddenly my gaze fixed on this one person who was seated with a girl , his arm around her. 

D.E.A.N

That was when I remembered ! This was the exact same restaurant Dean always took me to.We always ordered our favourite cheese hamburgers and together sipped our chocolate smoothies. But that was when we were together . And one day , he broke up with me for that redhead, Angelina.

I could hear Joe amidst my thoughts , ordering a Veg Salad for himself and he looked at me raising an eyebrow at my expression. 

"The same," I muttered and the waitress left.

"Are you okay?," He asked ,knownig that something was bothering me.

"I'm fine," I said, as tears started welling up in my eyes.

"Do you want me to take you home?," He asked , concerned.

" No , I don't want you to starve because of me ," I said with a chuckle and tried hard not to let even a single drop of my tear fall.

The truth was I loved Dean but since he doesn't , I felt like I was forced to not love him and that was the best for me ...I knew..

"Do you want to talk to me or something," He wouldn't stop. 

I sniffled slightly and shifted in my seat , unsure.

"Well, bad memories," I answered.

"What kind?,"

"Well......,"

"Come on," he looked at me.

Joe Jonas himself asked me and I could see he was a litlle concerned.

I nodded my head and looked at Dean with Joe's eyes following mine. I just simply stared at Dean who was running his hands through his hair.

"It has something to do with that boy,?" he pointed to Dean.

"Ssshh!," I immediately put his hand down "I don't want him to know I'm here,"

"Okay , but why him?,"

"We were together actually , a few months ago. I guess I'm still not over it," I looked at the floor which looked like it had just been mopped. I slowly lifted my eyes to his and he gave a comforting smile. 

************************************************************************************************************

After finishing our salads...

I realized I was still looking at Dean . Well, I had been doing that for a really long time and it was just hard for me to stop abruptly.

"Cheer up,"  I don't know why -maybe my face told him that I was really upset - but Joe stood up with a grin on his face and grabbed my hands and dragged me right across Dean's table. Dean spotted me and gave a blank look. The kind of look which said 'Do I know you?'

I would have walked right up to Dean and said some thing stupid but Joe was dragging me until we were out  on the streets. I looked up into the beautiful night sky and we both started walking . I noticed he had his hands in his pockets. 

 "I didn't want you to be in  there any longer," Joe spoke.

"It's fine . I mean, living in the same town I'm gonna have to get used to seeing him," I smiled. I was quite surprised that Joe did something for me .

"Maybe you can avoid it , like now ," 

"Thats a good idea," I smiled widely.

After a few minutes of walking , we were standning on my doorstep.

"Thank you for dinner. Next time its on me," I honestly said.

"Its nothing," he smiled. "So , see you tomorrow," he asked with a questioning tone.

"Yes,"I answered and walked closer to him and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly. I just didn't want to let go but then that would be awkward , so I pulled away. 

"Good night , Joe,"

"Good night , Amy," and he walked away.

I have no idea why I hugged him but I liked it. I thought about that moment as I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

************************************************************************************************************