Chapter 34: How Are Humans Made?

Laughter, screams and cries of glee rang through the air as children ran around the playground like ants- but without discipline. Mantis had to remind herself that as small as they were in comparison to her, they too would grow bigger.

Then she watched as a couple leisurely strolled through the streets, the father with a hand lovingly wrapped around his wife's waist as she pushed a baby stroller with a napping infant inside it.

Which brought one thing to her processor.

She turned towards Bee and Bulkhead- the two had also decided to tag along with her on 'patrol'- and asked them her question.

"Hey guys, how are humans made?" Mantis asked.

Both blinked, surprised by the sudden question at the same time not. At times, Mantis could be philosophical, calm and logical and others she could ask the most impromptu stuff.

"Isn't it obvious? They....." Bee paused. "They uh........" he fumbled. Then he placed a digit under his chin and wondered. How exactly were humans made? Come to think of it......he didn't know and never bothered to ask.

Bulkhead was just as ignorant. He never really paid much attention to stuff like this so never bothered asking to find out.

And that brought all three Auto Teens to the same basis.

How exactly were humans made?

".......meh, I'm sure the doc bot will know." Bee said waving it off.

Bulkhead and Mantis hummed in agreement. Surely one of the adults would have the answer to their question.

^^*************^^

To their luck, all three of the 'adults'- Optimus, Ratchet and Prowl, were already gathered in the main room. Prowl was on monitor duty, Ratchet was checking his tools and Optimus was no doubt going through reports.

The three of them opted to go to the sanest adult first- Optimus.

"Hey Bossbot, got a click?" Bee asked as they walked over to him.

Optimus looked up from the report he was filing through. "Sure. Need something?" he asked.

"Just an answer to our question." Mantis said.

"Okay, what is it?" Optimus asked, wondering what kind of question all three of them could possibly have.

The three glanced at one another then in unison, spoke their universal question aloud.

"How are humans made?" they all asked innocently.

If the three of them had to describe the look on Optimus's faceplate in one word it would be shocked.

'What the- why is his face the epitome of shooketh?' Mantis wondered, confused. It was just a simple question........right?

"I mean, humans don't have a Well or an AllSpark so how do they make more small humans?" she pressed on.

"Yeah. I mean, they don't just pop outta nowhere, right?" Bee added.

".....Bossbot, you ok? You're lookin' a bit short circuited there." Bulkhead finally pointed out.

That snapped Optimus out of his stupor and he quickly fumbled through his processor for an answer.

"I...uh....well....you see....uh....." Primus, he could feel his faceplate heating up as he remembered what Sari had told him when he once asked a similar question.