Chapter 31: Snow Show

Optimus dozed peacefully, his optics were offlined and his processor free from any worries as he relished in the blissful peace and quiet-

"Bossbot! Bossbot! Bossbot!/ OP! OP! OP!/ Optimus! Optimus! Optimus!"

............nevermind.

Groaning and mentally bemoaning having to cut his recharge cycle short, Optimus turned his optics online and saw the Auto Teens- Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Mantis and Sari- , as they seemed to call themselves nowadays, standing beside his berth, awake, alert and brimming with excitement.

"What is it?" he grumbled as he stood up.

"You gotta see this!" Mantis said grabbing his servo and with surprising strength that belied her size, dragged him along.

"Look! It's snowing!" Mantis said gleefully as she opened the door to show Optimus the cold white flecks gently raining down from the sky.

"Whoa...." Optimus breathed out in surprise and a bit of awe, stretching his servo out and allowing the small snow to flutter down onto his palm, his sensors feeling the slight tingle of coldness before it melted upon contact.

"This is nothing like the frost on Cybertron!" Bee said as he ran out and stood out in the open among the snow.

"You guys have winter on Cybertron too?" Sari- who was now dressed in warmer and thicker clothes to fend off the cold- asked.

Mantis nodded. "We have frost but...." She frowned. "It's kinda a nuisance."

Bulkhead nodded in agreement. "That always makes me slip and break stuff....more than usual." He said.

Optimus glanced to the side and saw Prowl sitting amongst the snow too, a few flecks of white clinging onto his plating.

"It looks like you got a head start on all this." Optimus said, walking over to the ninjabot, leaving the younger members behind to do their own shenanigans.

Prowl nodded, the action sending some snow fluttering off his helm. "Spring, fall, summer and winter- the four seasons of Mother Nature. One of many beautiful creations she has to offer." He said.

There was a muffled 'whoof' of a few things hitting the ground. The two older mechs turned around to see the Auto Teens lying down on the snow, servos and pedes eagle spread and moving up and down on the ground.

"What are you all doing?" Optimus asked, perplexed.

"We're making snow angels!" Sari said excitedly.

"Come on, brother. What're you waiting for?" Mantis asked.

Prowl huffed. As if he would do something so childish and.....light hearted and.....fun and................

Oh curse his spark and pride.

With a long suffering sigh and a warning glance to the grinning Auto Teens, he flopped down and did a snow angel as quickly as possible before hurriedly getting up and dusting himself off.

"There, happy?" he said.

"So what else do you guys do when it snows?" Bee asked Sari curiously.

"Well....." she began to count off on her fingers. "We can go ice skating once the water freezes, sleighing, ice fishing...oh! I know! We should make a snowman!" she said, clapping her hands together.