Chapter 3: Welcome to the Family!

Stellar cycles ago......

Prowl took a deep vent....and ex-vented. He could do this. He was currently standing in the training room he had become quite acquainted with in Master Yoketron's dojo.

The training was simple- all he had to do was evade or block the shots that were sent his way. While Master Yoketron had set up simple stun blasters that would simply sting his plating for a nanoclick, it could well prove crucial in the actual scenario.

Still, his reflexes were pretty good so it wouldn't have been such a hard task.....if he wasn't blindfolded that is.

He had been there for almost a stellar cycle and of all the various exercises and training regimes he's done, the blindfold was still by far the hardest and most frustrating one he's ever had to face.

"Begin." Yoketron said his voice barely above a whisper. But Prowl caught it. As soon as the words left his mouth, dozens of small drones with small stun guns installed on top of them appeared and released a volley of stun shots at Prowl.

'Clear your mind, widen your senses, trust your instincts and be prepared for anything yet nothing.' Prowl remembered.

There!

He heard it, the slight crackling of a stun shot travelling through the air. Prowl leaped back, dodging three shots and landed in a crouch, almost instantly going into a backflip to dodge another half dozen.

Listen. Detect. Jump. Land. Flip. Dodge. Another shot fired. Duck. Roll. Evade. Detect. It was a morbid dance of sorts with a melody that never flowed with any solid predictable tune, prompting him, the dancer to always stay light on his pedes....literally.

He didn't know how long he spent straining his senses to the fullest while evading the shots. Nanoclicks? Cycles? A megacycle?

That didn't matter in the end. At some point, he miscalculated a flip and ended up crashing into a drone that was flying low, receiving four stinging stun shots in the process and a dented helm.

"I think that's enough for now." Yoketron said and deactivated the drones.

'Thank Primus that's over.' Prowl thought and propped himself up on his elbows. Bringing a servo up, he ripped the annoying blindfold off his optics. He groaned and rubbed the dent on his helm.

"Not bad, you have improved since last time." Yoketron said.

Prowl stood up and placed a fist against his palm before bowing in gratitude and humbleness. "Thank you, master." He said.

"Now that the more physical aspects are done for today, it is time we move onto the more...spiritual ones." Yoketron said. "I'm afraid I will have to go make a call, hence I will be absent from this session today."

"Don't worry, master. Rest assured I can handle my meditation without your supervision." Prowl reassured. Meditation was definitely bucket loads easier compared to dodging open fire without being able to see.

Yoketron nodded and left. "Oh, also Prowl, I wanted to tell you something."

"Tell me what?" Prowl asked.

"You may meet a certain visitor later." Yoketron said.

Prowl was confused. "A visitor?" he asked.

He could've sworn he saw Yoketron's mouth twitch up ever so slightly. "You will see, soon." He said before leaving.

Prowl wondered if this was another test, a riddle perhaps?