Chapter 9: Reunion ~II~

Semi-conscious.

Semi means partially, hence semi-conscious meant partially conscious. In more abstract terms, it was like lingering in the doorway between awake and asleep.....or alive and dead under more dire circumstances.

Which one was she in at the moment? Hopefully not the latter, Primus she prayed it wasn't the latter.

Wait, why was she here again? Oh.....that's right. She had fainted, her injuries were more severe than she thought, how long had she drifted off in space helpless to the endless realm of space with only the gravity and technology as her guide?

Why did she keep asking herself these trivial questions? Were there not questions even more urgent and important? Oh right, she wasn't exactly in the sharpest state at the moment.

She was tired....she was exhausted- physically, mentally and...emotionally? Why? Wait...she remembers now...her brother, Prowl oh sweet Solus Prime if her processor wasn't glitching with her then she remembered.

Prowl was alive.

He was still alive and kicking, he's been online and functioning all this time! All those vorns spent gazing at the stars, wondering if her brother was doing the same or if he was now a part of them....well, looks like she's found her answer.

That thought gave her solace, peace that she hadn't realized how much she had been desperately praying for all these vorns until now. At least that dilemma has been put to rest.

Rest........that sounded so...so attractive...so compelling....

No!

Not yet, not after all these vorns.

She all but ripped herself free from the tendrils of unconsciousness. She knew they meant no ill will- in fact in this internal conflict of consciousness and unconsciousness she knew that neither side was good nor bad but at that moment, the side she chose was consciousness.

Thankfully that side won. More or less.

She was grasping onto consciousness by a hair thin thread that was already fraying and threatening to snap. She quickly dug into her new small but strong reserve of energy and rummaged through her subspace.

'Where is it...where is it...where is it damn it?!' she asked herself then her digits brushed against it- her treasure, the one thing that kept her grounded through the darkest times; the one simple creation that partially meant the world to her.

She grasped it and pulled it out. If they ever needed any proof, it would be this. But just as she brought it out, the thread that connected her to reality snapped.

'No, no, no.' she thought and desperately tried to mend that thread but it was too late.

This time, the tendrils dragged her into the blissful realm of unconsciousness but she just managed to grab onto a thin thread that connected her to consciousness.

It was so thin she could barely feel it but....she could still feel and that was something. Even though it was only the tiniest bit, it was still something.

Wait, where was it? The feeling of cool but old metal grasped in her servo was gone. Oh no....did she lose it?!

'Oh no....oh you've gotta be slagging kidding me, Primus, please don't tell me I lost it.' She thought but she couldn't do anything. She was merely a passenger now in her unconscious body.