Chapter 22: Fighting 101 by Mantis

CLANG!

The sound of metal against metal reverberated through the air as Mantis and Prowl sparred away. Punches were thrown, kicks were lashed out, attacks were blocked, dodged or countered and optics were narrowed in concentration.

"Go, Mantis!" Sari cheered.

"Come on! You almost got im'!" Bee cheered.

"Thanks for the support!" Prowl shouted back sarcastically before seizing Mantis's wrist and trying to flip her over, only for the femme to twist out of it at the last minute and land on her pedes.

"Come on, brother. That all you got?" Mantis taunted.

Prowl smirked. "You asked for it."

"Wow, they really go all out." Bulkhead said as he watched the two ninjabots duke it out.

"They look cool now, wait till they come hobbling to a med-bay with dents." Ratchet grunted.

"I think it's pretty productive." Optimus said. "I wonder how she'll fare against an actual Decepticon though......" his optic ridges furrowed in worry at that prospect.

So far they haven't seen any trace of Decepticon activity, not since the Blackairachnia encounter during the Halloween fiasco and the recent Soundwave encounter though he wasn't exactly a Decepticon per se.....right? Either ways, they were glad those were in the past.

But it was like the calm before the storm.

Ratchet won't admit it, but even he's aware of it if the annoying aching itch on his old war scar was anything to go by.

They turned their attention back to the fight just in time to see Prowl slip behind Mantis and put her in a chokehold.

But Mantis wasn't giving up she lifted her pede down and stomped down on Prowl's pede earning a cry of pain from him which gave her the chance to slip out of his grasp and slammed a palm fist strike onto his midriff. He stumbled back and they came at a standstill.

"That was a pretty dirty trick." Prowl remarked.

Mantis shrugged. "You learn a trick or two as an outcast." She said.

Prowl just shook his helm. "Let's just call it a draw." He said.

"Sure." Mantis said. She didn't mind, not like they were actually  fighting anyways. She'd know a full out hardcore battle and this wasn't it, not yet. She always did enjoy a nice good-sportsmanship spar.

"Aw man, just when it was getting good." Bee said.

"Why don't you spar next then?" Prowl snapped.

"Fine then, I will!" Bee said and walked up to them.

"Whoa, hey little buddy calm down." Bulkhead said.

"He was just kidding." Mantis said.

Bee waved them off. "Yeah, yeah, but I wanna try anyways." He said.

"This isn't a game, you know. You could get hurt." Prowl said.

Bee rolled his optics. "Wow, I didn't notice." He said sarcastically.

"How about this." Optimus said, intervening before things escalated into an argument. "Bumblebee and Mantis can spar together and Prowl can standby on watch in case things get out of hand."