Chapter 20

The robin chirped, its melody echoing in the vast room and merrily preened its beautiful feathers on the windowsill.

'Fascinating......' Mantis thought. Initially, she had been slightly annoyed yet intrigued by the chirping that had roused her from her recharge.

Upon seeing the culprit- the robin perched on the windowsill of her new room, the annoyance instantly faded away and made room for something else.

Fascination.

And so she stealthily made her way up, careful not to scare it away.

Her new room was one of the remaining empty ones in the plant. Unlike the other rooms, this one was slightly smaller but had two levels. It also had ivy creeping along one side of the walls.

            The moment she laid eyes on the ivy, she made her decision and claimed the room as hers

"You sure?" Optimus had asked, eyeing the ivy and otherwise rather.......messy state the room was in. "You can have another room if you like."

"No, I think this one will do just fine." She told him.

Ok, yes it definitely needed some cleaning up-especially the graffiti in between the two windows- and it definitely, definitely needed some decorations. Luckily the plain walls offered her plenty of space for lots of color.

But what caught her attention was the ivy. Prowl had explained what the ivy was. It was a plant- an organic one. Organic specimens were a rarity on Cybertron. So needless to say, she was instantly intrigued in the organic nature much to Prowl's approval.

It was so fascinating, it intrigued her and made her curiosity flare like crazy. How nature seemed so delicate yet stubborn, being anywhere and everywhere, always clinging on and growing and evolving. All this organic plants- this....nature....

It was beautiful and she found herself growing attached to it.

The door opened and she heard Prowl- who else could possibly be so stealthy? - make his way over to her slowly with long but quiet strides to not disturb the robin either.

"It's called a robin." He told her.

"She." Mantis said. "The robin's a she." She said confidently. The robin chirped as though in confirmation.

Prowl blinked, surprised. "How do you know?"

Mantis shrugged. "Lucky guess?" she said.

He didn't believe it. Come to think of it, she did always have good intuition.

Mantis slowly stalked forward, crouched down but taking long yet deliberate strides. She stalked the robin with such grace, such stillness like a cat. Prowl couldn't help but feel a surge of pride at how natural she moved, how assertive she carried herself.