Chapter 24: Wings! Sting! Hit! [Part 2]

'You gotta be screwing me. An actual slagging Decepticon?! Here?! On Earth?!' Mantis thought as she and Bee stood, bodies tensed as a coiled spring ready to pounce.

For once, she felt fear seize her rather than adrenaline because she realized that compared to her 'missions' back on Cybertron as a saboteur, this is her first time actually fighting a con head on.

Then she pushed it away and told herself to calm down. To freeze up now could mean death.

"Tch, I was hoping for Autobots to show up, not pathetic minibots." He sneered, looking down at them and whoa, he really was tall.

"That's rich coming from you. Memory serves, the power you so desperately wanted ended up blowing up in your own ugly mug!" Bee retorted to hide his own fear.

"Who do you think you're talking to you infidle?!" he screeched- ow, her audio receptors. No wonder he's called Starscream.

He fired his null rays again except this time, both of them jumped out of the way in time.

"Let's dance!" she said and took her tessen out, battle mask sliding on.

She waited just for the right moment and.........

Threw it straight into the muzzle of one of Starscream's blasters.

"Gagh!" he cried out in pain as his shot literally backfired on him. "Why you little-"

Thump, something was thrown and stuck onto him and.......

Beep....beep....beep-

Oh slag.

Boom!

He was enveloped in a plume of smoke.

"Bruh, you talk too much." Mantis said.

However the smoke cleared to reveal..........

A ticked off Starscream with a messed up paint job.

'It barely even scratched him?!' she thought as she involuntarily took a step back. Primus, she was too cocky. She was too complacent, thinking she could end this swiftly once she caught him off guard.

"You're going to pay for that!" he said, aiming his one good null ray at her. But then Bee pressed his stingers together and released a single blast of concentrated electricity at him strong enough to throw his shot off.

"Cash or credit?" Bee asked as he went over and stood beside Mantis.

Starscream righted himself and glared at them.

"Run." They both whispered to one another. They instantly turned around and hightailed it.

"Get back here you insects!" Starscream yelled, giving chase.

"Why don't you get away, Decepticreep!" Mantis shouted back as they both ran through the forest, snapping or pushing branches out of the way, foliage getting trampled under their pedes and mud dirtying their tyres.

As they ran, Bee would turn around and fire off some stray shots with his stingers but Mantis knew the chances of them hitting or actually dealing any damage of sorts was little to none.

The terrain worked to both their advantage and disadvantage as they couldn't transform into their alt-modes without any hindrance but neither could Starscream. Plus, they were small and more agile compared to Starscream so it gave them a higher chance of losing him.