Chapter 26: Girls Sleepover!

"Can you tell me what you're doing up there?" Prowl asked, helm tilted upwards to look at his adoptive sister who was hanging upside down on the rafters like a bat attaching wind chimes to the beams.

"Decorating, duh." She said, obviously.

Prowl gazed around her room. Ever since Ratchet told them they would be staying on Earth for a while, Mantis hadn't wasted any time and went back to settling her to do list for her room.

Currently, she was decorating it, hanging up some fairy lights to offer her light at night and a poster of some...... 'anime' she watched- whatever anime is, Prowl didn't really know or care.

He walked over and his optics fell on the box still filled with some strings of fairy light and other knick knacks. He picked up a dreamcatcher and admired the mesmerizing craftsmanship and let his sensors graze the feathers.

"Where'd you get all this?" he asked.

"Found it while on patrol. Some guy was hosting this 'yard sale' and he said he didn't want all that stuff so I thought he wouldn't miss it." Mantis said nonchalantly as she successfully placed the wind chime in place. 

"You stole it?!" Prowl asked.

"Of course not!" Mantis said, offended. "I left a note. Now, pass me the dreamcatcher." He tossed it up to her and she caught it. "Thanks."

"Hiya sis!" Sari said, coming in.

"Yo." Mantis replied, giving a two digit salute in greeting despite hanging upside down like a bat. She swung back and somersaulted through the air before landing gracefully, servos spread out in a 'T' like landing pose.

"Show off." Prowl muttered. 

Mantis just ignored her brother and allowed Sari to bring her to the main room. Sari turned around on her heel and clasped her hands together, excitement evident.

"Ok, so I figured since you and others will be staying here for a while, you and I should celebrate with......." She paused for dramatic effect. "An all girls sleepover!" she said with a flourish.

"An all girls sleepover?" Mantis echoed.

Sari nodded enthusiastically. "Yup, just you and me. The girls have fun and dance the night away. It'll be awesome! We can watch movies, play video games, eat snacks- oh wait, sorry you can't but I can tell you about them! Oh and we can also style up your dreads and I can't wait to teach you about manicures and-and...."

"Whoa whoa, dial it down and hit the brakes!" Mantis said, giving Sari a chance to stop and breathe again. "I get what you're trying to say and I'm in." she said.

"Really? Yes!" Sari cheered. "This is going to be the best sleepover ever!"

"Can I come too?" Bee asked, chiming in. "It sounds like fun and I'm down for it."

"Sorry, Bee, no can do. It's girls only." Sari said, hugging Mantis's pede.

"Awww, now I feel so out of the loop. Oh the pain." He put a servo over his spark chamber in mock hurt. "I'm being replaced!" he wailed.

Mantis chuckled and rubbed his helm. "Chillax, BB. It's just one night and us girls need some personal time too, ya know?"

"For what?" he asked.

Mantis flipped her dreads over her shoulder. "Femininity. Girl power and all that." She said.

".......wha?" Bee asked, confused.