Chapter 26: I'll Be There

Ian:

"I'm coming."

I turned off the call then immediately stormed out from my hotel room. Samuel greeted me from outside, "I'm going home." I purposedly brought Samuel back from Kansas to help me here considering he's also one of my trusted men. He nodded then instantly giving instructions through his earpiece. We both checked out and went straight to my private hangar. I got into the jet alone while the pilot were warming up the engine. Sam's not going to follow me, he needs to stay for any emergency.

In a snap of a finger, I literally left Sam and my work just to rescue my drunken woman. By the time I landed on the city, I didn't even spare some time going to the toilet or any other places. I made my driver to drive me straight away to Nigel's condo. I can't wait to drag Leah back home, this woman really have a bad relationship with clubs and yet her brothers still brought her there. They will get their share tomorrow.

I got there and I rang the bell while patiently waiting for the man to open his goddamn door but the sound of my feet tapping on the floor gave it away. I almost bust this door open when I just arrived earlier but I held it in. I bit my lip in frustration, what took him so damn long? My patience were running low. The door finally opened after some time revealing the half naked Nigel. I think smokes already came out from my ear while scanning him who's only wearing a short pants. "Where is she?" I asked as I looked straight into his eyes.

"How polite." Nigel didn't even hide his displeasure but he didn't try to stop me either. That's the best I can do to be polite, so ignoring his snarky remark and sharp eyes I barged into his place. I searched every room that I found while that guy silently watching my actions from behind. I opened the last room and I finally found my girl, she was sleeping soundly on the king size bed, and by the looks of it I can boldly assume it's his. I quickly ran into the room to check on her. I was so relieved when I noticed that her dress was still intact and there's no signs of injuries anywhere on her. "I'm not that low." My enemy's voice was heard from behind. I glanced at him who's leaning against the frame of the door while crossing his arms across his chest. I scoffed, this sly bastard purposely flaunting his body in front of my girlfriend. I got even frustrated when I thought how frequent of him being like this back in Canada.

"Can you at least put on a shirt or something? The fuck are you going around half naked like this?"

He scoffed back to me, "This is my fucking place and you can't even do anything if I want to go around full on naked." He smirked.

"It's so loud!" Leah suddenly yelled out startling the both of us. I noticed that she's awoke but still half asleep or half sober.

"Karen, it's me Ian, let's go home." Wasting no time, I scooped her in my arms bridal style and carry her out from the room. She's squirming in my hold and then she managed to slightly opened her eyes.

"Ian?"

I stopped and looked down at her. "I came to bring you home." I honestly thought my girlfriend will be happy to see me but unfortunately, I was wrong.

"Where's Nigel?" Her voice was low but still can be heard.

My jaw dropped, I was speechless. She took the cue to move her body to get off from my hold. She hold my shoulders to gain footing and stabilize herself while I stood there like a statue, defeated. Leah then unexpectedly pushed me back and walked towards Nigel who's standing in a distance behind me. Despite her unsteady steps, she managed to reach him while leaving me, her boyfriend, her love of life standing here helplessly. And to my utter shock, she dared to hug him and that smug smile of him really irks me too. He smirked while his right eyebrow raised at me, he didn't waste this precious time to provoke my ass.