Chapter 25 (b): Sweeter Like Sugar With Honey

Karen:

Early this morning, I have a breakfast plan with none other than the 'infamous bachelor'. He called me on last night and insisted on us having breakfast together today so I informed Ian and here I am waiting for him for almost fifteen minutes.

"Nigel..." I stood up by the sight of him and went to hug this man for a brief moment. "I miss you so much." I could feel his scoffs behind me when I said that but I ignored it.

We sat down and later ordered our food and drinks. "Really?" He continued right away after the waiter took our order. "So.. how's life with Mr Charmingly Perfect?" With his arms on the table, he dramatically rested his chin on his left palm while wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Ew, that's cringey." I cringed so hard when he makes me feel like I'm in the middle of gossiping about my mariage life with a group of housewives.

"You've changed. I knew it!" He slapped the table to add more drama, and he got that satisfaction when the people around us started to look at our direction.

"Stop being ridiculous!" I half yelled half whispered at him and then pinched his arm. He always loves to make me feel embarassed being around him. He flinched but he didn't give any other response other than that. "How's work?" I asked him. Our coffee finally came out. I sipped it slowly and boy it feels so great to start a day with a cup of coffee.

"Fine.. I might be working at other place." He answered it calmly but I was confused.

"What? Why? When? You just started there, are you going back to Canada?"

"No silly, I received an offer that is hard to reject. l'm still considering it though." He casually eating his pancakes while breaking out the news to me. "Do you think I should accept it?" My hold on my cup is still intact, and now I'm having a hard time to say something to him. What should I say?

"Well... if you want to, as long as you're happy, I'm fine with it." After a good amount of thinking, I managed to come out with a safe answer.

Nigel must be sensing that my brain can't process anything quickly right now, that's why he chuckled. His hand reached out to grab his cup and he quietly sipped the hot coffee. He put down the cup and leaned his back against the chair. "I hate the person that gave me this offer but at the same time, he's offering something precious." I nodded in understanding.

"If you already considering his offer with the fact that you don't like that person, I think it is very valuable to you." He nodded in agreement. "What is it?" I can't help to ask him out of curiosity.

He smirked and then continued his breakfast. "Massive corporation with lots of lots of benefits. Imagine the money, women will be drooling." Nigel literally smilling on his own like a mad man in front of me, I know he must be thrilled by the thoughts of women.

"I'm really not surprised by that. It's a wonder how you could stay 'celibate' for a long time?" I shake my head.

"Fucking 'celibate'? That's truly an insult to my balls." The shock on his face was truly funny. "For your information miss, I am so famous among women, you just don't want to acknowledge it." I cringed again, how high this man's ego?

"Perv."

"Prude." He replied.

"Pocky stick." I don't know why that came out of my mouth.