Chapter 20: Silent Storm

So~ I asked whether I should upload this chaptr and 3 of my readers said yes. I did as what they said but *warning* the next chapter going to be late because I'm having a hard time to write the next one. Btw, I love to put music that I always listen to or use for my story, go check em out. 💜

Karen:

I was sitting alone in a restaurant while doing nothing except staring at my hot coffee, the vapour coming out from it were calming to see. I just finished calling Venus telling her about my unexpected plans and luckily she agreed with it. She said she'll deal later with those three. I honestly can't do nothing without her.

"Here you are....aren't you supposed to pick me up? I'm coming all the way from far far away you know." I looked up slowly to the man who's popped out of nowhere and standing in front of me right now. When that man finally stopped rambling, he flashed his killer smile at me. I smiled back to him, I stood up from my chair and instantly hugged him so tight I don't want to let him go.

"This is why I call you Bear. You got a deadly hug lady." He's teasing but he's the one who hugged back like he wanted to suffocate me. I let go of him so I can take a good look. He's gotten muscular, I could feel his arms and body thickens but that face still sweet as ever. My favourite dimples of him is still there, overall he's the same but more hot and dashing. It's been so long since we last met.

"You're so skinny," I said as I cupped his face in my palms but even with his black sunglasses hiding his eyes, I knew that he glared at me. This guy's fashion sense are tip to the top.

"Yeah, my maid decided to run away to US for a better life." I laughed as I slapped his arm playfully in response. Him and his weird sense of humor.

We sat down and he quickly ordered pizza, "have you found a place to stay here? Don't tell me you're going to stay at the hotel for a month." I looked at him up and down and shakes my head. This guy's life motto is YOLO, he always makes me and his sister worried about him. When he flashed that goofy grin of his, I really hope he already take care of everything. He took off that aviator shaped sunglasses revealing his dark brown iris that can snatched your soul. Why? I have to admit, this 'cuckoo' guy in front of me are actually handsome. His killer smile is the one that could make women drooling all over him. The fact that he has asian mixture made him an authentic bachelor, that's what he always said to me.

"There's been a change of plans, I'm going to stay here for months." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"What kind of a lawyer are you?" Oh, did I tell you that this weird man is a lawyer? Kid me not, when I realized he's a lawyer I can't even believe my own self. This guy screams -I'm-a-painter- or -I'm-a-traveler- vibes. Not even strangers believe it, he's YOLO-ing so much. Our pizza then came out so quick I was baffled by the excellent service. I just hope they didn't microwaved it.

"I might kinda pissed my boss off and as a punishment he forced me to work here in one of his firms." I shook my head even more while he's already digging in on his pizza. He eats it like he hasn't eaten for few days, what an appetite.

"You're helpless. By the way, I'm going to stay with you for awhile." His jaw dropped by my announcement and the piece of pizza he's holding fell onto the plate. He looked extremely shocked I almost feels disappointed.