Robin (Dick Grayson) x Reader

Start from the beginning

~Time Skip~

I dodged an attack from Bane. Venomized Bane. He swung at me and I glitched behind him.

"B-behind you." I said making him turn around. He punched the ground making it crack and threw large pieces of concrete at me. I easily glitched through them. All of a sudden I was tackled down by Robin. He although got hit with a large piece of concrete and beat up by Ra's Al Ghul. I could see him bleeding. He was out cold. Even though he's an annoying butthole I have a small crush on him. I glared at Bane and Ra's. The building lights flickered and I stood up after hiding Robin in a safe place. I floated in the middle of the room due to the fact that we were in a power plant and my powers were strong here. I felt myself glitch. I flew over to Ra's Al Ghul.

"Do you like f-fighting kids?" I asked as I levitated in front of him. He scoffed.

"You are children. Children that hardly pose as a threat." He sneered. I glitched my arm through his body and stopped.

"A c-child that can kill you if she wanted. Call off the g-goon squad because y-you won't make it ba-back to the lazerous pit you won't have a heart that you need to live ag-again." I threatened. He smirked and nodded his head.

"Stop! We leave now." He said for the whole room to hear. One after the other is followers stopped fighting and the team was left confused. Ra's turned his attention to me and I removed my hand from his body.

"There's a place for you on my side if you ever want it." He said. I looked at him.

"We'll see o-one day." I whispered. He gave me a short nod before they left. I sighed in relief.

"Where's Robin?" Wally asked. I ran over to Robin who I hid under some collapsed sheet metal. It was like a little tipi. I carried him despite how heavy he was.

"I'll take him (Y/n)." Connor said making me back up.

"I have him." I said holding him.

"No offense (Y/n) but you aren't exactly the strongest." Wally said.

"It's my fault! He got hurt protecting me." I said glitching.

"And you will be his caretaker while he is asleep but we need to get him to the mountain as soon as possible." Kaldur said finally speaking up. I nodded and handed him off to Connor. I was a glitching mess the whole way back to the mountain. And even when they were checking him out. They let us see him when they were done. He was bandaged up quite a bit. Ra's did a number on him. It's my fault. Everyone but Kaldur filed out.

"As agreed you can take care of him. I know you feel guilt but you need to forgive yourself. He's alive and breathing and will be on his feet in no time." Kaldur said before leaving the room. I sighed and just watched him for a bit. Dick your name suits you. Me and Wally know. We've known him the longest. Then we met Roy and Kaldur. Even though me and Dick have known each other longest we still have rivalry. We were the youngest sidekicks ever. Well he was a sidekick I was being trained and sometimes went out for missions. I went on one and I guess I showed him up because he felt the need to one up me. That's how this all started. I sat on the bed and ran my fingers through his hair. It's oddly relaxing.

"Dick why do we f-fight s-so much? I mean I don't h-hate you much to c-contrary be-belief and I hope you d-don't hate me. The whole reason th-that I'm as good as I a-am is because I w-worked harder to be b-better than you. I had a crush you w-when we were smaller. Hell I-I still do. But I can't even s-say it while you're a-awake. I probably sound pathetic talking to you right now I mean you're un-unconscious. Th-this is my fault. I should-should've been paying attention." I said laughing bitterly at the end. I felt myself glitch a bit but for the most part I stayed physical.

~Dick's POV~

I woke up feeling someone running their hands through my hair. I didn't want it to stop so I kept my eyes closed.

"Dick why do we f-fight s-so much?" I heard (Y/n) ask. I knew she was having a serious talk since she used my name. I started wondering why we fought all the time. She sighed before continuing.

"I mean I don't h-hate you much to c-contrary be-belief and I hope you d-don't hate me. The whole reason th-that I'm as good as I a-am is because I w-worked harder to be b-better than you. I had a crush you w-when we were smaller. Hell I-I still do. But I can't even s-say it while you're a-awake. I probably sound pathetic talking to you right now I mean you're un-unconscious. Th-this is my fault. I should-should've been paying attention." She said. I could hear the guilt in her voice. But what caught me off guard was when she admitted she liked me. I wanted nothing more than to stop pretending to be asleep and tell her that I liked her back but I know she'd just run out. So instead I rolled onto my side and wrapped my arms around her waist. She stiffened before she laughed. I loved it when she glitched and stuttered. I find it adorable.

"Your n-name re-really suits you. I hope you know that. It s-should be illegal to be this c-cute." She said. I'm really wanted to laugh but bit it back. She sighed and got up. I tried pulling her back and cracked my eyes.

"R-Rise and shine bird b-boy." She said making me roll my eyes. But the smile let me know she was playing around. I groaned.

"How long was I out." I asked sitting up. I immediately regretted it because I felt dizzy. And the light was bright. She looked at me and frowned a bit. She got me a glass of water, turned on a lamp before turning off the light, and coming back to sit with me.

"You have a sl-slight con-concussion." She said looking down.

"Hey it's not your fault. I chose to take the hit for you." I said holding her hand. She just looked at me and glitched.

"You're stupid then. I-I could've glitched through any-anything they threw at me. You are so hurt right now. You can't feel it
b-because of the meds. The amount of painkillers in your system is drowning out the p-pain." She ranted. I smiled at her. She barely stuttered.

"I know but when I saw you about to get hit my instincts kicked in. My first instinct was protect the girl I love." I said. She blushed and glitched.

"Please don't l-lie to me. Did Wally p-put you up to th-this?" She asked tearing up. I pulled her into my lap and hugged her.

"I promise I'm not lying. I love you. Can I get annoyed with you? Yes. Can I find you annoying sometimes? Yes. Does you beating my ass during training frustrate me? Yes. Does you-" I said before she cut me off. "This isn't m-making me feel a-any better." She said looking at me with a smile.

"It wasn't supposed to. It was supposed to put a smile on your face. The point is I love you." I said again. She smiled and just hugged me.

~Your POV~

I hugged Dick and he held me back. We didn't say much after. We just laid down next to each other. I smiled and turned to him holding his hand.

"N-Never put yourself in danger b-because of me e-ever again." I said. He laughed.

"Can't promise that." He said. I smacked his chest and we cuddled for awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~
A/n. Ok ok. I know this kinda sucked but I wanted to put out a cute little one shot because the next 2 ones are taking longer than expected. So sorry for this being sucky and short.