Chapter Twenty Eight

Maddies p.o.v

"Hey there gorgeous. You look stunning as ever." Zayn complimented as he stood in the doorway.  

"I just have to make a few finishing touches but come inside." I pulled open the door more and he stepped inside. I led him to the kitchen where Mum and Jo were cooking dinner. "Mum, this is Zayn, Zayn this is Mum." I introduced them before ducking upstairs to add a touch more make-up. I applied it as quickly as possibly to save Zayn from the awkwardness that is my mother. I raced downstairs and back into the kitchen, my heels clicking with every step. "I'm ready." I announced walking into the kitchen.  

"You look beautiful." Zayn grinned.  

"Have fun you two but be home by ten." I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before allowing Zayn to escort me to the car.  

"Where are we going?" I asked once we were both in the car. 

"I was thinking dinner then a movie." Zayn answered.  

"What movie?"  

"I heard you haven't seen the notebook."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

When we get to the restaurant he pulls out my chair for me before sitting himself down opposite me. 

"Hi, my name's Tara and I'll be your waitress for tonight. Here are your menus and I'll be back to take tour order momentarily." She handed us the menus before walking off to another table. I flipped it open and on the first page it had in big bold letters 'Friday Night Specials.' I.scanned over them but nothing stood out. I flipped the page to the 'dinner menu' and eventually decided on the chicken cordon bleu with a sprite. Zayn ordered the fettuccini linguine and a coke.

The conversation was easy to keep with Zayn during dinner. We never ran out of things to talk about. Everything felt so easy with him.

After driving for ten minutes, Zayn pulled into a drive-in theatre. There were several other cars parked around us. We had a center view of the huge screen that sat before us. 

"So, what's the movie about?" I asked curiously. I had never seen this movie before and according ti everyone, that was incredibly weird. 

"I am not spoiling anything." He grinned. He had the car parked so that we could sit in the boot and see the screen. He had several pillows and blankets scattered around. There was also a feast of chocolate, chips and lollies in a pile in the middle. I decided to go for the dairy milk chocolate first and opened it as the movie started.

When the movie got towards the end, I felt tears well up in my eyes. Noah and Ali were so perfect for each other and she didn't even remember who he was. Then the scene where they were dancing together and then she forgot who he was again came on and the tears streamed down my face freely. I rested my head on Zayns shoulder sobbing. His arm that was around me, pulled me in closer.  

"You okay?" He asked once the credits started rolling.  

"Uh huh." I nodded. "That movie was so good. How did it take me that long to see it." I wiped a stray tear away. "Thank you."  

"For what?"  

"Taking me to see this movie."  

"Anytime beautiful. I love you, yanno?" I nodded. 

"I love you too." I stretched up and placed a soft kiss on his lips.  

"We should get going. I don't want you to be home late." I nodded again, allowing him to help me out.  

"I had a great time. Thank you." I smiled.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I got home and changed into my pjs. I removed my make-up, brushed ny teeth and then allowed myself to get comfortable in bed replaying tonights events. I smiles to myself going over every little detail; from the way he called me beautiful to the way he looked at me at dinner. My thought were interrupted my laptop going off, alerting me I had an incoming Skype call. I ran my finger over the mousepad to wake my laptop up and accepted the call. On the other end of the video was a very happy looking Niall.