Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys!! Did you like that last cliffhanger ;) Haha nahh, im kidding. Enjoy the chappie :)

~Sian xx

 Ariana's p.o.v

"Da-da-da-dad?"I stuttered out my jaw dropping to the ground. How?? When?? What?? He smiled at me. After all these years he was gone. No word, he just up and left and now he's back. You think I would be happy I finally had my dad back, right? But this was the man that drove my own mother, his own wife to killing herself. I probably should've thought this through more when I told Harry I wanted my family back. I guess I just never expected him to actually go through with it. How was I supposed to be reacting right now. The man who destroyed my life and who I haven't seen in nearly 5 years ago. Does he expect everything to go back to normal?? To being a happy family?? Did he have another family??

"When you told me what you wanted for your birthday, I though how in the hell was I going to do any of that. But then it came to me! I hunted down your dad. I mean, it took a lot, but I finally found  him. Happy Birthday Ari!" Harry smiled before enveloping me into a hug but I didn't hug him back. I was in too much shock to even move. My Dad was here. My Dad. The man who I thought I would never see again. The man who should have been here when mum died. Did he even know Mum died?? Did he even care??

"So I thought we could all go out to lunch so you could er, talk, I guess." Harry shifted awkwardly.

"Um, sounds good. Im cool with doing that." I still had no idea how to act. I mean, how do you react to someone you haven't seen in 5 years. Someone who abandoned you when you needed them the most.

"Sounds good to me." He smiled. "There's a little cafe just down the road, we can go there. It's walking distance." Both Harry and I nodded in agreement. While we were walking it was awkwardly quiet. Tension filled the air around us. When we got to the cafe no one had spoken yet. It wasn't until we sat at the booth and Harry had gone up to get the menus that Dad spoke.

"I'm sorry, Ariana." He spoke. Tears started welling in my eyes. I think Harry noticed what was happening because he started walkign to the table but quickly turned around and went back to the counter. 

"Why?" I whispered.

"Why what?" He asked dumbfounded by my question.

"Why did you leave? Why didn't you say goodbye. Why did you never come back and visit? Why did you leave me when I needed you most?" I choked on my words as they came out. Tears were now spilling out of my eyes but i quickly brushed them away. 

"I don't know, Ari, I really don't know." He said calmly.

"So you don't have a reason for leaving?! You just left because you could?!" I shouted. He just sat there with a guilty look on his face. Good. "You just left for fun, for kicks. Is that is?? You abandoned me when I needed you! When I needed my father, he was gone and I didn't even know why. I spent endless nights blaming myself for you leaving. Because of you Mum is dead! I spent the hardest years without a Mum or dad all because you left!" The tears were now spilling rapidly out of my eyes. "Did you even know Mum died??" I yelled. I didn't care who heard or that I was causing a scene or that I was being irrational. I had every right to be. He didn't say anything. He just nodded.

"Did you even care?" I asked, my voice faltering.

"Of course I cared." He said bitterly.

"Yeah, I can tell from the way you showed up at the funeral or the way you asked if I was okay." I said sarcastically.

"I cared Ari." He said through his gritted teeth. I could tell he was trying his hardest to not start yelling.

"And from the way you visited me any of the eight times I wound up in hospital after attempting suicide." I screamed. That turned a few heads including Harry's. Shit, I didn't want him to know that.

"You ruined my life and you didn't even care. You wrecked everything." I said much more quietly but much more bitterly. I stormed out of the cafe and as soon as I was out I began running. I had no idea where I was running, I just had to get out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's p.o.v

After half an hour of looking for Ari I found her in a park about a fifteen minute walk from the cafe. She was sitting on one of the swings gently moving back and forth. I sat down on the swing next to her.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

"No, I should have thought out my request more. I wasn't thinking about how I would react when I actually saw him. I'm sorry for causing a scene at the cafe." She apologised.

"It's fine. You had every reason to cause one. Why didn't you ever tell me any of that?" I asked referring to the hospital thing.

"I never told anyone." She sighed. "Would you? People would treat me differently. Like I was a fragile little girl who would break so easily. I don't want people to think of me like that." 

"Yeah, I get that. When people start treating you like you're weak and can't do anything for yourself." I smiled weakly. "People were treating me like that when Mum and Dad divorced." 

"You never told me about that."

"I don't like talking about it." I replied. She smiled back at me as if saying I get that.  "I'm about to say something you're probably gonna hate me for but I hear me out. I think you should give your dad a second chance."

"Why, he doesn't deserve it." She snapped.

"He doesn't, but you do. You deserve a father." 

"But how?? He just left, he never said goodbye, he just left." She asked, voice breaking.

"You let him make it up to you." I replied calmly.

"He's the reason my mum's dead. How can he ever make that up." She broke down. I got up off of my swing and stood in front of hers.She stood up and threw her arms around me. I wrapped mine around her and let her cry.

"He can't. But you have to remember he probably already blames himself. You have to remember that even though he left he probably still cared deeply for your mother. It would've killed him when she died, too."

We just stood there in silence. Neither of us daring to move. Just enjoying the time in each others arms. 

"I should probably get you home before it gets too dark." I said finally breaking the silence. She nodded. "Are you okay?" I asked. She shrugged and finally broke out of the embrace.

"Let's go." She smiled and entwined her hand with mine, lacing fingers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! This is another really short chapter because the rest of the chapter is my on laptop which is being stupid at the moment and won't open the document so I'll work on that and have it up as soon as possibly. Vote, comment, fan. Love you all

~Sian xx